• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins !!!

Danielle <3

Hello all, how long post op do u need to take chewable vitamins ? the ones I take I bought locally but they have stopped doing them and I cant find any that replace all the A to Z vitamins, was wondering when people swapped to a normal vitamin any advice welcome thanks x

ahhh did u paula ? and u never had nay trouble with them ? well they are cheaper to start with so I might try them see how I get on, I tried chewing a normal and it was vile, it was what I imagined eating marmite flavour dog poo haha not guna try that again in a hurry x

ahhh did u paula ? and u never had nay trouble with them ? well they are cheaper to start with so I might try them see how I get on, I tried chewing a normal and it was vile, it was what I imagined eating marmite flavour dog poo haha not guna try that again in a hurry x

No trouble at all. The Forceval I'm prescribed are massive too! Asda complete a-z multi vitamins are a good price and have everything at the right amounts we need. I've had to buy those as there's a national shortage of Forceval at the mo.

My provider has given me a list of four very specific supplements that I will be on for the rest of my life. Three are available reasonably cheaply over the counter - Sanatogen A-Z Complete, Pregaday, Vit D 25 mcg. The Calcichew I get on a script from the GP. Like so many queries we may have, if in doubt check with your team to see exactly what you should be doing. xx

Ive been buying the centrum fruity chewable ones but take two per day as there isn't enough in them, I had bother finding a chewable adult A to z vitamin, guna start on the asdas ones the dietician mentioned those but couldn't rem when they said we could take them from x thanks for ur advice paula x

My dietician recently told me that in a study (University part of hospital ?) that Tesco Finest Multi Vitamins were very high in quality and the size of an M&M.

I'm supposed to take (and now prescribed by GP), Forceval Soluble - 2 a day, Adcal D3 - 2 a day, Ferrograd Folic - 1 a day.

Finding it tricky so sort out when to take what as these and medications interact, so haven't started yet (smacked wrist). :cry:

I (try to remember to take) Centrum Complete as recommended by my team. I get them on prescription from my Doc so I pay nowt! :) They are non-chewable and I have been able to take them since the day after my op....no probs :)

Have been taking chewable ones for a while but now started on centrum. Thinking 6 to 12 weeks post op Should be okay, but then again every provider gives different instructions. Hope you will find some.

I was told i have to take vitamins iron and adcal forever. i get iron and adcal on prescription but not vitamins so i buy them from asda the tablets i was given so i dont get gallstones i have to take for 6 monthsbut everyones team will have their own recommendations

bit of a random idea - is it worth us forming a vitamin co-op where we can order in bulk and share the discounts? I'm happy to co-ordinate that sort of thing if it is a good idea (and my ego will be fine if it is not a good idea!)
happy tuesday everyone! xxx

Back