• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Visitors at Dolan Park

Deebol

Hi all my op is in 9 days at Dolan Park, my plan is to drive there on my own then my mom and husband come on night to visit and take my car back with them. Im thinking going on my own cause I can just sit in my room and lose myself in my book then go down to theatre all calm.

My mom and my husband really want to come but im sure if one of them was there I would get myself all upset especially my mom (im an only child). I know she is going to be really worried about me but I just dont feel that the hospital is the right place for her. Am I being selfish?

Anyways people who have to Dolan Park, if you did take someone with you did they just wait in your room when you went down? What time can they visit till? Can they call me in my room?

Any more information about my day there would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dee xx:party0038:

hi Dee,

I had my op at dolan park.

As far as I know, there were no visiting restrictions. My husband went home at about 10pm and was back at 7am to take me home. There is a phone in your room so yes, they will be able to call you.

The only thing is that I wonder if you will be lonely onyour own. It seems that they aren't good at sticking to their schedule at dolan park and most people seem to go to theatre much later than anticipated. I was admitted at 7am and went to theatre at 4pm... That's a long time to wait on your own... But we are all different and maybe it's right for you.

Good luck!

Visitors are not allowed in the room after you go for your op .They seem to be strict on this

But there not too strict on leaving time if you go down late like i did. My husband stayed till 11 but only as i wanted to go to sleep lol.But its usually 9

And you can have two people there as a noticed another young girl with her mum and dad

I was not aware of visitors not being allowed in your room after you go to theatre. My husband stayed in my room the whole time and was there when I was wheeled back from recovery...

Hi Alice and Honey

Thanks both for your replys its prob what nurses are on etc as to what happens. Im so undecided if I want anyone there, Im sure I dont but until I get there who knows. At least I only live 25 mins away so if I want anybody its easy for them to get to me.

I'll just have to play it and see what happens but think Im def going to start off on my own. Is it true that there is a beautician there going round doing treatments?

Dee x

That sounds perfect Dee! Then, if you feel lonely, you can call them and they'll be with you 25 mins later!

I never saw or heard about a beautician.... But maybe I was unlucky :-(

All the best for your op xx

I didn't see the beautician either and like Alice, I waited till well after 3pm for my op, I think maybe its for paitents who are staying in longer.

In terms of visitors, I had my husband and my parents, there is only one chair in your room and when we asked for more they said they couldn't find any. Its not a huge issue but if you there 8 hours before your op, the window ledge can get a bit unconfortable for them...lol

Good luck with the op Dee x

I was not aware of visitors not being allowed in your room after you go to theatre. My husband stayed in my room the whole time and was there when I was wheeled back from recovery...

It was told us by the patient coordinator(waist of space) and the nurses on and before the day, and also not one other friend or family was allowed to stay that day either so it was not just me ..Must be a case of whos on at the time ????

Last edited:
HIYA
I went to Dolan Park for my op and never went down till 6:40pm. My husband stayed with me till about 4pm, then went back home, and came back about 5:30 and they let him stay in the room when I was having the op. I did have a lady come round trying to flog me face creams and potions, but I was so wound up waiting for the op, I sent her on her way. Good luck to you. If I was you, I would do it on my own, as long as you have a good book to read, it can be boring for others sitting with you looking out the windows at the ducks for hours on end. I wish my husband and I had known ahead of time that I was going to go down so late, I would have done it on my own till about 6pm and then have hubby come to give me a good luck kiss & hug and wait for me to get through the op. Go with your gut instinct.
Good luck
MyNewLife:)

hi i also was the same as honey my partner was sent out when i was taken down for op and wasnt allowed back in untill i had been sorted in my bed and was comfortable.. that was the only time i wasupset as i wanted him there when i got back to my room.. it prob depends on staff at time of op
you will be fine takecare hun
emma

Hey Ems
how are you? did you get your second fill? If so how did it go? I am still doing ok with the fill I had in Edgbaston on September 29th. I have been struggling in other ways. The last two nights I have had little to no sleep, and I don't function very well on little sleep. What other sane person would be on a website at 4am? I had to take yesterday off of work and exercise and it looks like I will have to do the same today:cry:. The sleep problems used to happen on occasion before I had the operation so its not the band that has caused that. I also wasn't too well on Saturday evening when I got a piece of food stuck and couldn't keep anything down after that, not even fluid. On Sunday what I should have done is had fluids only, but no, still trying to be stubborn I ate 1/2 of a seeded bagel and it got stuck also. I still cant really eat bread of any description, and knowing that and that I had had the episode on Saturday evening, still ate the bagel anyway, when will I learn. I have gone and done more damage to an already bruised stomach:mad:. Yesterday I stuck to fluids and yoghurt (like being on the pre-op diet). My stomach is still bothering me, but not in the middle of my chest where I normally get the discomfort. Similar to colic, like I had when I had gallstones before my gallbladder was taken out, but about 60% less painfull and it's on my left side just below my ribs. Planning on sticking to fluids as much as possible today to give my stomach a rest and see how things go. Let us know how you got on with your band fill. Take care.
MNL

Back