• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamin melts

Roccosmummy

Can anyone recommend a melt in the mouth complete vitamin for post bypassers? Of course good quality and rich in all the goodness I'll need!
I really struggle with tablets, soluble meds and chewable vits. Anything that tastes powdery or artificial makes me gag. Even the thought of a protein shake is pretty upsetting too ;-/

I have centrum fruity chews. You can suck them - they're really tasty! 3 boxes for £10 in asda atm. Im a bypassee too :) x

I,ve seen some called vitamelts in holland and barret they have carol vorderman advertising them. Not sure of price, might be worth a look x

Just be careful ladies, you need an a-z complete with minerals - many of the brands out there don't have enough in them.

the Carol Voderman one is Biotin I had the vit C and zinc and taste delish but not sure if they have enough of the RDA for us????

i either take the centrum chews or im currently taking the bassets young adult ones as they ahve biotin int hem too good for hair and nails. x x

I take the asda a-z personally and hair skin and nails vits as extra. Also a calcium citrate/d3 complex and 2 iron tabs.

Hi Yve, I've been stacking up
On your wise words ready for my op
Which will hopefully be around march/April next year, just wondered if you knew anything about travel insurance after the bypass as I have a holiday booked in July.

Hi Yve, I've been stacking up On your wise words ready for my op Which will hopefully be around march/April next year, just wondered if you knew anything about travel insurance after the bypass as I have a holiday booked in July.
fraid not huh sorry.

I've been using centrum chewable fruit ones since my op. 1 a day and all my bloods have come back perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

just because yours have doesn't mean everyone's will and often issues surface after the golden year. If I pass on one bit of advice that everyone listens to it would be take your vitamins at the right dose. This is not something you should play fast and loose with - it can and does kill.

just because yours have doesn't mean everyone's will and often issues surface after the golden year. If I pass on one bit of advice that everyone listens to it would be take your vitamins at the right dose. This is not something you should play fast and loose with - it can and does kill.

Absolutely agree,it really doesn't take very long for the body to be deficient at all.
It happened to me not long at all after my bypass,and I was taking forceval(which is prescribed from GP)
I'm still having problems now.

Your best bet will to ask for advice from a GP or one of the pharmacists at boots :) They'll know :)

I was at Luton for an 18 month check yesterday and was told that All complete vitamin tablets have to have minimum levels of each vitamin in them, I was told that I need to take double of the rda. so as I can't get forceval at the moment I have been taking Sainsburys own. The dietitian said that the double dose allows for the malabsorption after bypass.
I have been under them for 2 years and thats the first time that has been explained to me!!
She also said that at Luton they prefer to over do it rather than allow you to become deficient as its harder to pick up from a deficiency!

Just my hospitals view.

Your best bet will to ask for advice from a GP or one of the pharmacists at boots :) They'll know :)
totally disagree with this - please double check with your bariatric teams! Neither gps nor pharmacists are aware enough of the issues that bariatric patients can face nor are they experts in our nutritional needs.

I was at Luton for an 18 month check yesterday and was told that All complete vitamin tablets have to have minimum levels of each vitamin in them, I was told that I need to take double of the rda. so as I can't get forceval at the moment I have been taking Sainsburys own. The dietitian said that the double dose allows for the malabsorption after bypass. I have been under them for 2 years and thats the first time that has been explained to me!! She also said that at Luton they prefer to over do it rather than allow you to become deficient as its harder to pick up from a deficiency! Just my hospitals view.
really?? I've only been told to take the one a day. Hmm - is it twice a day for both?

I've only been told 1 a day too, but 4 months ago I decided to double them up. My levels were really good when I had my blood test in August. But instead of relaxing, im determined to keep them up.

Back