• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Want to dose myself up on vitamins etc.........what can you recommend??

Meggie

Hi,
I have my pre-op assessment on the 21st of January, and hopefully my op on the 19th of February. I thought I'd better start dosing myself on vitamins etc to help myself fight off colds/flus etc that are bound to be on their way!! I have done quite well at fighting off bugs this season!!

Also, if you were sick when you go for your pre-op assessment, would they automatically cancel/postpone your op? I figure no as there is so long until the op.

I would say a good multivitamin and mineral. Also zinc, selenium and kelp if you are woried about possible hair loss after the op, although of course it almost always grows back, and often in a better condition. Take care regarding catching colds and flu with hand hygiene - the same precautions that we are warned about regarding the swine flu outbreak.

I would say it was a bit early to be worried about catching colds or flu, but closer to your op I would recommend you get some Vicks Active nasal spray and use it it you feel the beginings of a cold, it is supposed to be quite effective. Your op will only be postponed if you have a chest infection that could cause breathing difficulties during/post op.

xx

Meggie when i spoke to Kirsten and told her what i was taking she said i am taking all the right stuff, i am taking a good vit tab, Echincea and extra vit c slow release.
It would have to be a very serious health prob for them to delay your surgery, if it is just a cold then it wont be a prob as long as its not on ur chest, and even if u r a bit unwell for ur pre op u still have 4 weeks to get urself better b4 ur op xx x

Last edited:
Coolios!! Thanks all!!

xxxxxxxxx

hey hunni.. didnt want to read and run..

my daily vitamins are:
Wilkinsons own brand Total A - Z one a day multivitamin -
contains everything you're likely to need but I also have these too -

Echinacea from Tesco (one a day tablet)
Sea Kelp from holland and barrat ( 1 a day tablet)
Cod liver oil from Tesco (capsule)
Evening primrose oil from Tesco (capsule)
HRI Water Balance tablets (2 taken twice a day to help reduce fluid retention) available from Tesco or Boots

Personal choice but everything I take - helps me and has done for a long time now.. yep, the water tabs help me pee for england sometimes but every little helps.. lol..

Back