• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WANTED ~ Consultant General Surgeon in Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery

Kevin1708

Century Club
Consultant General Surgeon in Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/advsearch

General Surgery Posted: 25/03/2011Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust

Closing Date: 17th April 2011 Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust East London Obesity Service Consultant General Surgeon with an interest in Bariatric and Upper Gastro-intestinal Surgery 10 Programmed Activities Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust is a provider of Services as a preferred to a relatively young culturally diverse population centred around Hackney in East London. The Homerton has recently...
  • £74,504 - £100,446
  • London
  • Permanent
  • Closing date
    17/04/2011

I think I should get it, I have got experience, ok ok I did sleep through all of it but I was there lol

Hahaha xx

tbh i thought they'd earn more than that. They certainly deserve it considering the work they do. I'm not surprised a lot of consultants do private work too.

I think all NHS bariatric surgeons do a bit of both - private and NHS. 100k isn't much to get by on these days for such an important job.
Lynne x

Or living in London!!! Plus 40% tax... Or is it 50% for the 100k salary?

But yes wud still love to! Ha!

When you see the salary they make and you think your life is in their hands and the years of training they must go through to get to that position I don't think they get anywhere near enough.

Then again I work in the Finance Industry in the City of London so I see a lot of ridiculously inflated salaries (shame on of thems not mine). It makes me mad when I see what some people earn, more than this advertised job, and yet they do much less - what a joke!

I'm sure there will be practical element as part of the selection process,. You know the type of thing, in-tray exercise, budget analysis, gastric bypass...
I volunteer to be the guinea pig...lol :)

Jac you know we earn more and tax free,pole dancing so dont think of giving up your day job! Mersey Maz!

OMG!!! May be this is the reason why all our surgery is still pending.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I honestly dont think it is a lot of money to pay for somebody who you would 'put your life in their hands'.
The responsibility is enormous. I would like to see nurses and other nursing staff paid a bit more.
Lynne x

Back