• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Warning to Facebook users

Karlos

Not sure if anyone here uses facebook, but this was posted on a shooting forum I use

Facebook sez, "Don't mind us, we're just whoring out your photos"

Facebook has agreed to let a third party advertisers use your posted pictures WITHOUT your permission.

Want to fix this?

Go to Facebook, Click on SETTINGS up at the top where you see the Log out link.
Select Privacy.

Then select NEWSFEEDS and WALL.

Next select the tab that reads FACEBOOK ADS.

There is a drop down box, select NO ONE.

Then SAVE your changes.

Thanks Karlos.

How cheeky of them.
I don't use Facebook often, but its good to know.

I've passed the message on to family and friends. My daughter is really into Facebook and I know she puts pictures up of herself and friends, not of me I hope lol.

Last edited:

thanks for that I use Facebook but the only pic i got on there is of a cat lol.... they can whore that out if they feel the need.

Why people feel the need to take personal pictures from someone is beyond me. Get a life and get your own pics

The cheeky twunts!!:mad::mad:

Thank you Karlos, I use facebook all the time, my husband and I both just did as you suggested. Really appreciate the heads up!

Nic;)

Thanks for that :)

thanks for that I have changed mine and my kids settings.

Thanks for that, Karlos. I've changed mine and will notify others. Mxx

Thank you - told my son and all his friends

I already did that the other day though...I'm confused. Isn't it only your photos in adverts that are shared between you and your friends? obviously you friends have access to your photos anyway.....

I could be wrong....but actually reading what the photos are used for.....?

HI guys this is a scare mongering tactic and not true at all.

http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=110636457130

The truth is really if you want to use any picture off the internet you just right click save as and there you have it. So more than advertising companies can get hold of you photos. Have them private and you'll be ok.

I'm no computer expert, but I thought the same. That you just right click a picture off the internet.

I thought maybe some one in the know knew more than me, so was being cautious and told friends and family.

Private individuals taking your pictures is one thing, commercial businesses using them is another