• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

was it worth it

misselvis

i had band on sunday 14th oct
was fine after op bit of soreness but soon got less
came home monday feeling ok then ..................
the problems started
i try sips of the smoothie they give you and just went straight them me
that lasted all day
i phoned hospital and said no dairy foods have bit of soup so try that then off
again
this morning had sips of water them off again
when will it stop as i cant eat anything
anyone had the same problem
would love to hear from them

kay xx

i had band on sunday 14th oct
was fine after op bit of soreness but soon got less
came home monday feeling ok then ..................
the problems started
i try sips of the smoothie they give you and just went straight them me
that lasted all day
i phoned hospital and said no dairy foods have bit of soup so try that then off
again
this morning had sips of water them off again
when will it stop as i cant eat anything
anyone had the same problem
would love to hear from them

kay xx

After my band I was allowed only clear liquids only for 2 weeks ( tea, coffee , soup (no bits) slimfast anything basically that runs like water off a spoon, I would have found a smoothie to hard to drink so soon post op Hun. Did the hospital give you a post op diet sheet at all????

During the first few days post op, I found it difficult to have even milk because it just made me feel bloated and yuk! I spoke to my provider who advised to stick to clear liquids which I did for about 5 days until things settled down. I didn't venture onto any soups until near the end of my 2 weeks on liquid and avoided dairy until about day 10/11. We were allowed to have smoothies, soup etc during the whole time of liquids, but I also found I couldn't stomach smoothies until the 2nd week.

It does and will get better and even though there were some days which weren't great bloated feeling wise, I would say its definitely worth it. I'm 8 weeks post op this week but have not had one moment of regret . . .hang in there :)

Hi Kay - good to hear from you!

On the day of my op, after I woke up and eventually got up and walked around, I was given a cup of soup and it went down just fine. Same with water and peppermint tea etc. I even had some hot chocolate to my surprise (I'm banded, mind you, not bypass).

I was very pleased I could have thin and thick liquids while at the hospital so I was expecting to do the same or better when I came home - I couldn't be more wrong.

At home I found that I couldn't even drink half a cup of water without getting stuck in my chest. I barely had anything yesterday because everything filled me up and got me bloated in a couple of sips.

Later in the evening, I realised this is because of the wind I had inside. It was behind my lungs after the op but shifted to my shoulder and then to the side of my tummy in the second day. I think it was the wind putting pressure on my chest yesterday.

I managed to get some of that gas out by farting (lol, sorry if too much info) and found burping to be quite painful. Having released some of the wind, I'm feeling better today and been sipping fine since 6ish in the morning. I'm only on the second cup but much better than yesterday.

Hang in there, it can only get better at this point :) x

Back