• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Week 4 weigh in

Karen19745

Hi I've got weighed again this morning and I am now 16st 4lb which is 1st 4 lb since op and 3st 3lb altogether, Karen x

Yeah but I'm thinking that some people have lost a lot more in their first month and am I doing everything right, I know everyone loses at different paces but I'm just so impatient I suppose we expect it to happen overnight, Karen x

Hi Karen, well done on your loss. I had my surgery the same day as you and also feel I am not losing as quickly as others - but we are all different! Threw my scales away 2 weeks ago when i was getting frustrated so havent got a clue how much I have lost now, but I do know I am starting to look different and my clothes are getting big on me - scales for me equal demotivation - the way I look and feel is what gets me through!! But come on, over a stone in a month - thats fab! I can live with a stone a month - 6 months will soon fly by and imagine being 6 stone lighter xx

I'm about a week behind you and I've lost 15 lbs in the first two weeks but nothing in the last 8 days... we all lose weight differently and we all heal differently... your weight loss is amazing remember its a year long journey and at the end of that year you are going to be a whole new person... its hard to be patient :) but so worth it

Once you settle after surgery the ideal weekly weight loss is between a steady 3-4lbs so approx stone a month, anymore and you can get rebound weight gain so I read somewhere, probably because your metabolism starts to slow down in response to rapid weight loss.

When I had my 1st post op check (a bit later than usual at 11 weeks) with Mr Schroeder he was very happy with my weight loss which was about 3 stone from surgery.
I am now 5 months post op and almost 5 stone off since surgery which is already 50% of my excess weight.

Am I pleased - you can bet your boots I am!

That's brilliant Denise, congratulations x

Thanks everyone a stone a month for me will be brilliant, Karen x

Back