• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight gain - HELP!!

princesszippie

I have had my date confirmed, it is 3 weeks today. Although I have not been weighed, I know that I will have gained weight since I had my consultation 1 month ago, I have my pre op diet through the post and am not due to commene till next week. Should I start it now, could this mean they wont operate?

Don't worry about weights and the pre-op. The pre-op is mainly to shrink your liver and the fatty area round it rather than be a weight losing diet. Although that generally happens anyway!

I was at my heaviest before I started the 10 day pre-op diet. I still didn't lose enough round my liver for a full bypass! Hence the sleeve, which is not a problem!

I think nearly everyone manages to put on weight during the long wait we have for surgery. Unless your hospital specifically states they wont operate on you if you gain weight then I would try not to worry. Which hospital are you at? Maybe someone who had their op at your hospital can put your mind at rest.

Back