• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss article in Northern Echo!

HoPe*87*

Has everyone seen the weight loss article in today's Northern Echo, mainly about Sunderland and statistics. I've read it online and see there was some idiot commenting on it saying that people that need this surgery should just try not stuffing there faces and get of there arses!! Wot an idiot!!! It makes me so mad!!!

Louise1 said:
You should read the online Daily Mail comments when there's a WLS story on there.
It beggars belief that some people manage to survive day to day with so much hatred for people they don't know and have never met!
xx

It's for that reason I avoid it. Too many bad minded, haters in this world!

Its a shame the title was a bit inflammatory as the article itself was positive - so many diabetic patients getting off their med's etc.

Also great news for Sunderland patients as they're now conducting an average 1.5 ops per day which is more than last year! Sadly there are so many people being referred that its still taking longer than we'd like to get surgery X

I agree it was positive just a pitty about the title!! And the idiot that decided to leave that comment xxx

I know that when I lived in south tyneside last year, I was told was nearly 18 months wait for op, glad it has gone down

Retfordmag said:
I know that when I lived in south tyneside last year, I was told was nearly 18 months wait for op, glad it has gone down

If my op goes ahead as planned I'l have waited 15 months x

Where i live now, the criteria is BMI of 50 and been told op could be June or July. Not bad considering doc referred me in November. Had to wait til then to get my full records from previous docs

Back