• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss challenges - do it for charity!

phatmomma

Well i've failed the christmas weight loss challenge, just as i failed the one before... Is it me or is it slightly depressing when this happens? Does this mean as i failed i'm a failure? No! It means that i've put too much pressure on myself to do well! If i remember rightly all i asked for was 2 stone in 16 weeks (hell i could do that with weight watchers i'm sure) but not with RNY....

So anyway, i'm guessing i'm not the only one who didn't manage their target so i thought i'd put in a request for the next weight loss challenge and maybe do some good with it too!

How about if we had a weight loss challenge with a charity edge to help those not as fortunate as us as well?

How about a slimathon? We could set a date and suggest we put in a certain amount for each lb we lose for a charity or even for our lovely Stephs 'Help for Heroes' push? We dont need to make it a fortune, how about we say we'll pay 10p per lb? Or if people want to offer a little more that's up to the individual.....

Before i start a thread can you all offer input and suggest a time frame for it?

Louanne79

I also didn't meet my Christmas target so I'd be up for this x

Mixman

I didn't even budge a pound :)

We have a new year to aim at to get ourselves pushed that bit further!

phatmomma

I didn't even budge a pound :)

We have a new year to aim at to get ourselves pushed that bit further!

Yes Mickie we can give ourselves a new year push...

I think we can all do it. Give ourselves a talking too, get our heads into gear and do a bit of good :) xxx

Grace

Yes Julie I'm up for this. I don't think I'm going to make my Christmas target either. But hey-ho.....we do what we can!
Grace xxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Julie you are NOT failing, this just confirms our surgery is just a tool, whichever we have, each one also requires some effort and willpower too. This required effort/willpower is not just restricted as many, many people think (non banders) to the band. Each require a a life long commitment but we will get there!

Remember slow and steady not only wins the race but also = less excess skin! x x

phatmomma

Mazza i've stopped thinking i'm a failure. I look in the mirror and i like the shape of the person looking back at me. My boobs are nearly the same size as my tum now and soon the tum will be smaller (even if i have to have a boob job to do it).

What i'm saying is this! We sign up for these challenges which are good if you do well with this kind of challenge. However lets look at weight loss in another way and do a challenge without giving ourselves the pressure of a target. Let's give ourselves an incentive, the more weight we lose the more we have for a charity of our choice! Lets make it fun, lets let 'The Biggest Loser' choose the charity we all pay the money too? How marvellous would it be to see our lbs turn into ££££'s for Help the Herose, Cancer Research, Dr Barnardos to name but a few worthy causes! Instead of rewarding ourselves lets put a smile on someone else's face?

lbs = £££'s xxx

phatmomma

Fantastic attitude and idea Julie! x

It's a win/win situation Maz and the best thing is pre oppers can join in if they want too :)

keeley86

im pre op and deffo up for it - count me in!