• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss with a band

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Motivation for banders :D

The BOSPA website says:

"Studies show that on average, people lose between 50–65% of their excess weight in the two years after placement of a gastric band."

Maryann says:

Read my stats!

Ok, ok I may only lose another just under 5% of my excess weight in the next 14 months but I doubt it :D

Keep at it everyone, it can be done x

Reactions: LBD
THANKS
i need the motivation at the moment .x

Cheers Mazza, It does need you to really work at it and it's as hard as any diet I've been on if not harder sometimes..but it does help you stick to a proper eating plan which is something I had no chance at before having it put in.
Gives you a little edge but you still need your will power and discipline to exercise and not eat slider / crappy foods.

Cheers Mazza, It does need you to really work at it and it's as hard as any diet I've been on if not harder sometimes..but it does help you stick to a proper eating plan which is something I had no chance at before having it put in.
Gives you a little edge but you still need your will power and discipline to exercise and not eat slider / crappy foods.

Very true Neen ;) for me its been the reduction in volume thats worked. Being a volume eater prior to surgery and cutting out my major weaknesses re volume ie rice and pasta have certainly done the trick.

I told myself from day 1 of the pre op I would never eat them again. As I said above Im no saint but overall crappy food was not really a problem for me. I still have treats and I have phases when exercise is not possible due to pain etc but Ive worked hard and with 4 fills under my belt (or rather in my port) its paying off :D

Motivation is definitely what I need right now. I have'nt lost anything for months but I just keep telling myself that the surgeon said it would take around 18 month to 2 years. I think with initial weight loss post op we expect it to carry on like that don't we? I WILL get there though no matter how long it takesxx

Motivation is definitely what I need right now. I have'nt lost anything for months but I just keep telling myself that the surgeon said it would take around 18 month to 2 years. I think with initial weight loss post op we expect it to carry on like that don't we? I WILL get there though no matter how long it takesxx

You will Gaynor! youv'e had a rough time of it being 'over tight' for a while and everything else life has thrown at you hun.

Have you spoken to your dietician about your stall?

Onwards and downwards ;)

Back