• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

well, its that time of year again...

novamay

Born Free
footie season = football widow = grrr :mad:

What a depressing weekend this has been! Stuck indoors with only the ironing board to keep me company. My sis was going to visit today but she phoned to say that she's hung over from last night. My OH was reffing this morning and at the Boro match this afternoon so I've been on my own. Needless to say the kitchen cupboards have been raided :eek: - luckily I didn't buy in anything I actually like in the Saturday shop - just the stuff to make the week's meals with. So that's left me even more frustrated - so I've taken it out on the wardrobes - gone through all the clothes and bedding and chucked all the old, faded, 'never wear' stuff in a bin bag for the next charity bag coming round. Just had a bath so I feel much better now.

Need to make plans so next weekend (bank hol) isn't this bad.

oh i feel your misery!! my hubby is the same but if it isnt football, its cricket or gulf or anything really sport related.... :-(

I did the charity bag thing today too and now there's more room in my drawers (so to speak) actually found some things I'd forgotten I had!
Been there done that re the football widow thing, my ex was a Fulham season ticket holder and we lived in North Norfolk; he used to go to all home games which cost a fortune and used up all our time off together (he'd be at the match, I'd need to be off work to look after our children). So I am very sympathetic to what your weekend has been like.
Life more chilled for me now as we went our separate ways and the lovely guy I've been with for the past 5 years is a surfer, much more sociable, nothing nicer than being a supportive girlfriend whilst lying on a sunny beach reading a book! xx

thanks Neeta - purely cos I didn't buy in - if I'd bought in I'd have eaten it for sure - I was too lazy to get dressed and nip to shops! ha.

Mrs Smith - too right! A sunny beach would beat a soggy sideline any day...

Back