• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm back again, 9 years later!

So, I'm back!! I was going through the assessment process at Morriston Hospital in Swansea back in 2015, but due to family problems, it was decided at the MDT I wasn't emotionally strong enough, and referred to a Tier 3 programme. Needless to say, I was devastated. I did go to a few appointments, but honestly, looking back, I think the team were right as my head was too focused on the stuff going on at home.
Fast forward to last year, started the Tier 3 programme again, stuck with it and am doing well. I'm now on Wegovy, and have been referred again for WLS with a glowing recommendation from my Consultant. This forum was a godsend for info last time and I look forward to speaking to everyone x

Hi gang

Well it’s been 13++ years since surgery and I thought I should report in!

I lost 7 stone ++ and dropped from 44/46+ waist to a respectable 34/36 with 17inch collar being 6foot tall I am happy. Can’t recall exactly but think it took about 7 months. I have managed to maintain with no drama, I can honestly eat and drink what I want, though in ‘surgery’ moderation, by that I mean I am happy with a medium full English rather than the historic large with extra everything. I did ‘dump’ early days but this does soon pass. I am not a mega choc fan! Still addicted to eating out 4/5 times a week (esp. Indian, Chinese, English - OK all food!) Never calorie count or check for fat content. I am pleased to be able to walk at reasonable pace for over an hour and have even managed Roseberry Topping many times.

I have amazing family support and have always been honest about having surgery - people soon forget and it hasn’t been mentioned for many many years.

Obviously, many old habits had to change at the outset but your new good habits soon become the norm.

With the right support we all can do it … x

So, I'm back!! I was going through the assessment process at Morriston Hospital in Swansea back in 2015, but due to family problems, it was decided at the MDT I wasn't emotionally strong enough, and referred to a Tier 3 programme. Needless to say, I was devastated. I did go to a few appointments, but honestly, looking back, I think the team were right as my head was too focused on the stuff going on at home.
Fast forward to last year, started the Tier 3 programme again, stuck with it and am doing well. I'm now on Wegovy, and have been referred again for WLS with a glowing recommendation from my Consultant. This forum was a godsend for info last time and I look forward to speaking to everyone x
I just wanted to wish you luck, I’m so pleased your in a better position now t go ahead with WLS. This forum helped me enormously too whilst I was being assessed and had my surgery, there is still lots of helpful advice and journeys to follow but unfortunately very few people post nowaday, it’s quite sad really because everyone supported me and other so much.
i French take a look on here so please keep us update.

Back