• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well nearly there

Nicola robinson

I've been for my pre op assessment today at Sunderland Royal. Everything was spot on not even raised blood pressure lol so now the countdown is really hotting up . I have to be at Sunderland for 2pm on Monday 2nd July admitted and then the bypass will be done on Tuesday 3rd hope that I am home by Thursday. So scary but am positive about the future. How long is it before you are having normal small portion meals? trying to make a plan in my head to stop me from worrying:)

Well done Nicola am sure you wont regret a thing I cant really comment on the bypass part of solid eating as whnI had it done 1st time it was the gastroplasty and it took 6 weeks for me to be able to eat a little mush but weight loss was great lol

Brilliant news Nicola, you are in safe hands all my best for Monday and op on Tuesday. Look forward to your post op threads. I had small meals from the off pureed of course, I only ate my own meals home cooked so I knew what was in them. Good luck all will be well xx

Ive been doing slimming world for so long now I am totally into that food so I only cook fresh from start everyday for all the family so I am looking forward to some different tastes again. The staff at the hospital are fantastic made me feel really comfortable about it all xx I will update xxx

All the best for next week xxx

Hi Nicola, very best for your op I think being in the slimming world zone will ensure you have some great losses, follow the stages and don't be too quick to get back to meals as you need the time to heal, after the op the dietician will give you a phase by phase plan xx

Back