• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

well proud of myself

VikiB

Ok today I went to finish my Christmas shopping and I'm in day 4 of my pre-op diet. I walked through the broadway with the stands of donuts and sausages and roasted nuts and handmade candies and deep fried chicken. Passed by Greggs who were giving away mince pies and hot chocolates...past McDonalds with people standing outside with their hamburgers and fries...the smell was intoxicating. Made it to Asda who were giving out tastes of Baileys and panetone samples. Bought my grapes and salad and went home and had a salad with grilled chicken and grapes (which is on my diet) Huge pat on the back for resisting temptation I would have willing gave into normally. Just thought I'd share my small triumph:)

BIG CONGRATS !!!

What a time to be on pre-op diet !!

Well done, I dont understand why everyone has different diets, i had my op 2 days ago and spent 9 days on milk only, but I think that was probably easier as I knew I couldnt eat anything, You should be proud, good luck... x

Woooohooo that was so well done !!
Im in an odd position as i had to lose weight which i have done but not got my op date yet so im avoiding as many naughtys as i can this xmas so i know just how hard that was for you to do so keep going hun yayyyyy!!!

It was well hard...I love roasted nuts and sausage and ....well you know love them well hard to just walk by and my stomach growled so loud I'm surprised nobody heard it lol...my salad was sooooo nice though:)
I have seen many diets on here and mine seems odd to me as I can have all clear soups, sugar free jelly, tea and coffee with milk no sugar (can use sweetener though), and green veg and grilled roasted boiled or baked fish or chicken for teatime also have to eat 3 fruit a day but can only be apples, grapes or melon...am finding the morning hard as I have a cup of bovril and fruit for breakfast and tea and a cup of bovril for lunch so by the time tea comes I am so looking forward to my chicken or fish (not big on fish) and green veg...always have melon a few hours before bed. I'm doing ok though haven't cheated at all...thats really hard when you make everyone elses dinner as well and they do not eat what I'm having

Well dun hun u shud be so proud of urself ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well Done hun xx

Thats a big triumph. Well done. I know how you feel I have to maintain my current weight until my surgery on 6th Jan. Not easy at the best of times but especially at this time of year.
My pre-op diet seems Really good compared to some others on here.
I start it on 23rd Dec. But they said I can break it Christmas Day!!!!!!
Its mainly-:
Cereal or Toast for breakfast
Then Lunch and Dinner are choices of meat chicken or fish with salad or veg. Or Omelet or Jacket Spud with cottage cheese or baked beans
I can have 1 yogurt & 2 portions of fruit a day. Tea/Coffee/water and unlimited sugar free jelly.

So I'm a happy bunny cos its seems doable!

WELL DONE YOU!! them smelly from the Broadway this time year.......ummmmmmmmm
Not long for surgery hun, I too am under El-Hasani but looking at middle to end of next year (hopefully) for my gastric bypass.

Good luck in the pre-op diet, might need to get some tips off you!

How exciting, take care hun

Kim x

Ok today I went to finish my Christmas shopping and I'm in day 4 of my pre-op diet. I walked through the broadway with the stands of donuts and sausages and roasted nuts and handmade candies and deep fried chicken. Passed by Greggs who were giving away mince pies and hot chocolates...past McDonalds with people standing outside with their hamburgers and fries...the smell was intoxicating. Made it to Asda who were giving out tastes of Baileys and panetone samples. Bought my grapes and salad and went home and had a salad with grilled chicken and grapes (which is on my diet) Huge pat on the back for resisting temptation I would have willing gave into normally. Just thought I'd share my small triumph:)

I would say it was a BIG triumph..Well done hun.

Back