• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are they doing???!!!

wombat

Hi everyone!

On Saturday we went to Thomas Land with the kids (3 and 1) and although we had a brillian day I was completely appaled by fodd which is being served there!!

There are about 10 eating places there and NONE serves healthy food!

Going there I didn't take any food with us, because I thought there will be plenty to choose from - wrong!

In all the joints it is a variation of fish and chips, crisps, bread rolls, pies, full fried breakfast (everything fried, including bread), thick greasy pizzas and hot dogs (all white bread) and sandwiches... There was a roast dinner option, but everything looked as if it was smothered in oil and grease... Even carrots...
I managed to find a salad bar, BUT (and I am not joking) it had a bowl of lettice leaves (already turning black), 5 slices of tomato, 5 of cucomber, empty bowl of colslaw and a potatoe salad in mayoAw, and also remains of tuna mixed with mayo! That was IT!!!
So all I had during the day was fat free youghurt (the cheapest brand you can possibly have with tons of sugar!) and full fat latte (I always have skimmed, but there wasn't an option!)
My hubby and older son had to do with sanwiches and we had baby food for baby with us!

What I mean - it is a FAMILY park, yet no healthy foods whatsoever! NONE! I was standing in a cue with my youghurt and coffees and behind me was a family, which included a girl aged 10 - 12... Who looked like she was 8 months pregnant... Plate piled high with the eralier mentioned fried english breakfast and a slice of cake! And that was the choise of most people in the particular eating place...
I just wanted to violently shake her mother (overweight too) and hit her on the head with the stick!!! What on earth partents are you doing to your kids!!!
I was a fat kid myself! I have been fat since I was 2! Forever.... And if I accept that it was my fault of not being able to shut my mouth and not cram it with junk later in life, but we learn our eating habits in childhood! There is still a tiny bit of anger left in me for my mum, who, as a responsible adult didn't teach me the value of my body!!! (The anger eased up a lot after she paied most for my op... I think she felt that guilt too...).
I remember the whole feel of complete misery for being fat! For godness sake - I went on my first "diet" when I was 6!!! Because since I was 3 I was teased fat cow and fatty anf lardess and alll the other cruel little names kids are so generous of!
I would NEVER let that happen with my children... My 3 year old knows that smoothies is good and crisps are bad (I do let him choose what he wants during our Sunday special coffee and babychino time and today he chose smoothie! I was sooo proud!).
What are the parents thinking!!???
I am sorry for my rant, but it just boils my blood and heart with it! Something too close to my heart....

I agree with you 100%. I've had to message my ex husband today because he brought my eldest daughter home with McDonalds in hand for her lunch. Not so bad your thinking? Except the McD's was 20 chicken nuggets n fries... Apparently yesterdays dinner was from the chip shop also.. I have this battle with him everytime they come back. I have now actually told him he is heading her for a gastric bypass and that having a 10inch scar down your tummy is not an easy option and is blooming hard going!

Back to the subject in hand! Places like Alton Towers etc have a responsibility to offer a healthy choice that also looks edible, but they don't. Hence we always take a picnic! Cheaper and we know what we are eating xx

I would complain to them! Its shocking, we are in 2010 and everyone knows about healthy eating - I wonder, were most people using these places or taking their own food?

Thanks girls for replying :hug99:

I am actually thinking about complaining...

I noticed there were quite a lot of people with picnics, so next time I am taking one...

But what to do if you want a hot meal during the day? Or as it is a day out just a nice meal??
I mean even a soup and some grilled fish with boiled or steamed veggies would do. Surely it is not that hard to make!

Thanks girls for replying :hug99:

I am actually thinking about complaining...

I noticed there were quite a lot of people with picnics, so next time I am taking one...

But what to do if you want a hot meal during the day? Or as it is a day out just a nice meal??
I mean even a soup and some grilled fish with boiled or steamed veggies would do. Surely it is not that hard to make!

Or even a jacket potato with cheese n beans, virtually impossible to mess up! You ever tried buying a piece of fruit at these places either?

I know!

The nearest we found to fruit was youghurt and cake!

Off to have lovely salad now! Addicted to feta cheese! :D

its funny how we notice food now isnt it, before my op, i didnt pay any attention to what what going on around me or what people were eating (prob cos i had got me head down in a plate of chips) we take a picnic now, not just because of the crap that those places serve, but the ridiculous, remortgage your house for a bottle of water prices!

I couldn't agree more. It is disgraceful what these family theme parks serve. I also get cross when I look at the childrens menus at pubs etc - nuggets and chips, sausage and chips pizza and chips etc. What are we teaching our kids? At a puib we went to when on holiday I had an argument with the landlord as I ordered jacket potatoes off the adult menu for my kids! He thought as they were kids they should choose from the childrens menu. On this were the usual nuggets, sausage etc.

Back