• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to take out for picnics!!

Mixman

Well, now I'm more active I've been for years I'm getting stuck on what to take with me!

Been out a few times all day now and whilst it was great taking the picnic for the rest of the family, I'm a bit stuck as what to take for myself! I picked up a tuna pasta meal in the morning but when I got out and about I found out how much fat and sugar there was in it! So I didn't have anything! Just the water. And boy did I need that after walking out of Robin hoods Bay!!!

I was OK, not hungry, it's just I know I need to eat something to keep my energy levels going!

What else does everyone take out with them? Give me some ideas please :D

you could take some chicken, tuna pasta (made yourself), egg mayo (made yourself), crispbreads, water of course, some fruit, yogurt, cold meat of any description, smoked salmon - loads of stuff really!

not if you get a little cool bag with the ice pack you can freeze before you go - if you get what Im trying to say! Anything will get warm the longer its in transit really.

Well, now I'm more active I've been for years I'm getting stuck on what to take with me!

Been out a few times all day now and whilst it was great taking the picnic for the rest of the family, I'm a bit stuck as what to take for myself! I picked up a tuna pasta meal in the morning but when I got out and about I found out how much fat and sugar there was in it! So I didn't have anything! Just the water. And boy did I need that after walking out of Robin hoods Bay!!!

I was OK, not hungry, it's just I know I need to eat something to keep my energy levels going!

What else does everyone take out with them? Give me some ideas please :D

Not sure what bypassers are allowed but i'll just list stuff anyway, all homemade!!

How about..........

Pasta, tuna & sweetcorn with sweet chilli sauce

Ham/chicken/tuna/beef salad

Soup in a flask

Chicken wraps filled with salad (like a fajita)

Get a food flask and maybe put some chilli con carne in it or stew, my sister was in hospital in 2007 for a few months after a cable car crash in Scotland and the hospital food was rotten so we used to send her down spag bol, stew, veg soup, chilli etc in the food flask it was great for her

soup in a flask is great and will fit in a back pack no problem, or if you dont fancy soup maybe a little home made curry in the flask.

The perfect bypass picnic foods:

Fruit salad
Mediteranian salad (carrots, mushrooms, onion, tomato, peppers, olives, feta cheese, lettuce and/or spinach all tossed with a light olive oil & balamic vinegar and some italian herbs is perfect at room temp)
Hummus with carrot sticks, cucumber slices & celery
Mixed olives
Sliced/cubed firm cheese
3-bean salad
mixed nuts
Slices of 5-minute protein cake
Beef jerky
Twiglets
Cracker breads

All of the above can be served at room temp and don't need chilling.

If you have a way to chill:

Grilled chicken salad with light mayo, diced nuts & celery, maybe a few sliced grapes
Cooked prawns
Spicy yogurt dip for veg & prawns
Rolled-up sandwich meat
Variety of cheeses
Deviled eggs (made w/fat free yogurt)
SF angel delight with fresh fruit
Single pots of yogurt with dried fruit, nuts & seeds on top.

Nic:D

Like the new photo Phatgirl, when are you going to change your name?Great advice as always, write a book I would buy it!5 min protein cake????

Fruit salad
Mediteranian salad (carrots, mushrooms, onion, tomato, peppers, olives, feta cheese, lettuce and/or spinach all tossed with a light olive oil & balamic vinegar and some italian herbs is perfect at room temp)
Mixed olives
Sliced/cubed firm cheese
3-bean salad
mixed nuts
Beef jerky
Twiglets
Cracker breads

Grilled chicken salad with light mayo, diced nuts & celery, maybe a few sliced grapes
Cooked prawns
Rolled-up sandwich meat
Variety of cheeses

Lovin the new photo, you look absolutely fab, big n bouncy is right, you need a new name now

Like the new photo Phatgirl, when are you going to change your name?Great advice as always, write a book I would buy it!5 min protein cake????

Thanks B&B Yummy Mummy! I just might write a book, you never know lol! Here are some links to things I suggested:

http://www.minimins.com/wls-recipes-forum/108144-5-minute-protein-cake.html

Healthy deviled eggs:
http://www.minimins.com/wls-recipes...s-now-pictures-what-i-cooked.html#post1120008

Spicy yogurt dip
http://www.minimins.com/wls-recipes...s-now-pictures-what-i-cooked.html#post1144532

I will not be changeing my name because I feel that it fits, 'Phat' is slang for hip/cool/trendy/sexy and I want to be all those things now that I have slimmed and feel great!

Fruit salad
Mixed olives
Sliced/cubed firm cheese
3-bean salad
mixed nuts
Beef jerky
Twiglets
Cracker breads

Cooked prawns
Rolled-up sandwich meat
Variety of cheeses

Oh WOW Nic - you look totally AMAZING in your new photo. You definately need hugs and fairy dust to keep you sparkling xx

I'm sooo hungry reading all these great ideas. Think it's the thought if starting my pre - op tomoro :eek:.

I love picnics :)

xxx

What brilliant ideas. Thanks so much Mixman for asking the question.

Rebirth

Back