• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what does slimfast taste like

cherry

Hey guys :D so im off to do my weekly shop tomorrow ( oooo the excitement hey) and im gonna do the slim fast for a lil while to get some weight off... now this may sound like a stupid question but what does it taste off??.... which is nicer the powder or ready made stuff??....... i obviously have never tried it im not really a milk person :eek: so im aware i may struggle on it....... does it taste chalky like them nutrtion drinks you get ( bluerrghhhh) xxxxx

it tastes ok. the ones in the tins are the best. little tip dont put it in a glass just pop a straw in it cos they dont look very nice.

kay is that the ready made stuff??.........

I use the powdered but just add tons of ice in the blender and it comes out quite nicely like a macdonalds thick shake, I also have some sugar free syrups to alter the taste now and then. I hate the ready made ones. I think you just have to try them...not as bad as the protein shakes. Everyone is going to have personal preferences aren't they? What's nice to one person is yuck to someone else

The vanilla one in a tin is lush ...you can flavour it up to with coffee or cocoa powder.

best to use a blender too :)

Can't stand slimfast personally. They leave a taste like rubber in my mouth. Thats the ready made ones haven't tried the powdered ones.

For me it had a horrible metallic/chemical aftertaste - the ready made chocolate flavour.

My cousin later told me that chocolate is the worst flavour in the range, and that I should have bought the lemon meringue (sp?) flavour.

So maybe you could get one of each to see if you like any of them.

I dont like them taste artificial to me

i agree!! too high in carbs

.........................................Per 100ml...Per 325ml
Energy Value (kJ/kcal).........280/70........910/230
Protein (g)...............................4.5.............15.0
Carbohydrate (g).....................8.0.............26.0
of which sugars (g).................7.0..............23.0
Fat (g).....................................2.0...............7.0
of which saturates (g).............0.5...............1.5
Fibre (g)..................................1.0...............3.5
Sodium (g)..............................0.07.............0.23

I've used slim fast on and off for years. I think the reason its works is because its so disgusting you skip drinking them! (Then go back to your old ways and the weight comes back).

I have found that adding coffee and loads of ice to the chocolate flavour and blending it up works really well. Sort of a mocha think shake?!

Good luck with everything. Take care.
Hannah

o dero.... really?...... im debatin weather to do it now asi dont wanna waste my dosh,...... and maybe buy the weight watchers stuff, meals etc its just for a lil boost on the weightloss and your right i couldnt keep that up till oct!!!!! xx

Hi Kelly,
I keep slimfast ready made meal drinks in and just manage up to two days at at time with them, I have one for breakfast, one for lunch and a main meal at teatime.
I find that just having days of this routine are helpful... alongside cutting out carbs in preparation for the surgery.
Not easy and I have to keep eating a little and often due to my insulin, which has also made me gain a load of weight...
I'm struggling to lose, but don't want to put any more on... I need to be able to do some exercise and I am finding that very difficult. Are you doing any type of exercise routine Kelly?
Let's keep positive and keep plodding!
Love to everyone xxx

hi bev, i do walking everywhere, as for gym n stuff no way im to embarrassed, i use to be a dancer believe it or not strutting my stuff in tiny costumes! in front of hundreds of people!! now look at me!! xx

I do believe it Kelly, you still look terrific... I am just the same when it comes to exercising, there is no way I can go through wearing a swimming costume or go to a gym, on two accounts being honest, firstly, because I am all out of shape and made worse by the spondylititis and secondly that feeling of always being the biggest in the room is a thing for me... I have never been able to find a class in our area for people with weight problems, I don't think there are enough of these about and even at the diabetic clinic... I keep asking as I'm not well enough to take the lead but I would give a load of support to helping others and wish there was more importance emphasised on the need for classes with an understanding of issues for those of us in areas with weight issues, doesn't help with living out of things either... but I would join a group if I could and this website is great, we can all help each other xxx

slimfast

hi kelly
just read your post regarding slimfast
regarding slimfast ready made drinks i could not stand them as they are made with uht milk. i bought tesco own brand strawberry flavoured powder shakes i mixed up in the blender with cold milk :)plovely!:p) or i had the hot chocolate drink. the drinks are also on special offer so you wouldn't be wasting a lot of money if you did not like them.
i would then have either of the shakes for breakfast then i would have a low fat yogurt or soup and some fruit for lunch then have a regular meal on an avening with loads of veg or salad and lost the weight and did not feel as though i was punishing myself. this also allowed me to have the occassional meal out and alcohol.
hope this helps, it worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SuperstarAnge:):p:):p

Just a query please..... are slimfast drinks or such like recommended post op? Many thanks in advance xxx

Back