• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What Shape Were You?

Snowcrystal

Hi Everyone

I am the biggest I have ever been at the moment and can honestly say that I am distinctly apple shaped....(Not good for the heart, I know)...At my smallest I was a hourglass.

At your biggest and your smallest, what shape were/are you?

Apple (triangle downward)
Apple shaped women have broader shoulders and bust, and narrower hips.[1] Apple shaped women have (much) higher androgen levels compared to women with other body types. Because of this high androgen level, the skeleton develops in a masculine pattern. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.

Banana or straight (rectangular)
The waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust measurement.[1] The body has a relatively high androgen level compared to the estrogen level, and this causes the skeleton to develop in a more masculine pattern and body fat to be distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks, chest and face.

Pear or spoon or bell (triangle upward)
The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.[1] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen.

Hourglass shape (triangles opposing, facing in)
The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist.[1] Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips and rear before other parts, including waist and upper abdomen. Because of the preference shown to physical symmetry, many celebrities falsely claim hourglass measurements but actually rate closer to a straight figure or apple.

{hugs}

lol there was no discription for me lets just say you couldnt bend wire my shape lolol:8855:

I was hourglass shaped through my teens & early adulthood. I became distincly more pear shaped as the years went on and the pound went up. However at my largest size I was a bit potato shaped (tiny head on a really round body that was largest at the middle).

Nic;)

The don't have "inflatable rubber ring on waist" shape do they? :D

At my smallest I would definitely been classed as hourglass, now it's more melted tupperware...:rolleyes:

I guess I'm an Apple shape as its all around my middle...at least that's all I ever notice, the belly :(

iv always been hour glassed was at my biggest and am now pain in the ass at times as things that fit at hips and boobs hang off my waist think i will prob always be same shape

at my smallest I was hourglass..........7 1/2 stone...and my biggest a pear (not that I even like them ) lol.............now I am not sure wot shape I am ....erm lets say a smaller pear LMFAO

My usual weight for years was 8st 3lbs but it dropped to 6st 12 when my thyroid went into overdrive before crashing. Then it steadily crept up to my present weight of 14st 10lb. I was stick-insect shaped before now I'm an apple - I have little shoulders but big boobs, stomach and hips/bum. Definately not pear-shaped though - my thighs to ages to catch up. Marion xx

I was hourglass shaped through my teens & early adulthood. I became distincly more pear shaped as the years went on and the pound went up. However at my largest size I was a bit potato shaped (tiny head on a really round body that was largest at the middle).

Nic;)

Lol @ potato shaped...sorry but I had to laugh at that as when I was researching women's shapes I found that there is banana shape, apple shape, pear shape and hour glass, but I did not see potato shape.

You're looking good to me right now...well done.

{hugs}

Last edited:
I always kept an hour glass shape even when I put on a lot of weight; this shape help my weight not to show, especially with some careful dressing. but this last stone pushed me into the apple shape I am now.

My boobs have been superseded by this huge tummy now.

I notice that some of you don't see yourselves as the traditional shapes at all...We have all sorts from balls and rings to potatoes...We certainly make a variety...lol.

My aim is to get back to hour glass.. a slightly bigger one maybe, but an hourglass again would be good.

{hugs}

Pear shaped:eek:

I am a tall long legged shrinking apple lol, hoping to turn back into a banana x

mmmmm the term webble springs to mind. Weebles wobble but they dont fall down lol.

For those of you who are too young to remember weebles they were plastic egg shaped people with some sort of weight in the bottom, that when you touched them they would wobble about and eventually come back to the centre.

now I am taking on more of an hour glass shape and have curves where they should be not where I imagine them to be lol.

haha my son loves his weebles

I have no idea I have same size boobs as hips and a tiny bit smaller waist hourglass is not really a word to describe me though lol
not sure fat and dumpy I am thinking,
x

I was, and am gradually getting there again, an hour glass shape. At the moment I'm more of a beer mug shape without the handle x

i started off with a
bust 56
waist 52
hips 64

so not quite hourglass but did go in at the middle
i now have a
bust 39
waist 33
hips 43
and feel very curvy so getting there.
overall i have now lost 109 inches measurments taken from 9 areas.

Back