• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What should I do? Advice Please!

jaxx

As of Monday I'll be 9 weeks post op. Monday will also be 19 days since I had my endoscopy and stretch. At first, after my stretch I could eat fairly well, baked beans, cottage pie, stews, chunky soups etc. Slowly I've been unable to eat these again and I'm back onto soups. Here's what I'm eating in a typical day

Breakfast
Small amount of Ready Brek with semi skim milk
Very milky coffee

Snack
Muller light yoghurt (can't quite finish one at the minute without feeling nauseous)

Lunch
Half a tin of soup. I'm struggling to get any sort of meat down at the minute so to get some protein I've been having soups with lentils in. I haven't had to blend a soup as of yet, but I've had some chunky veg soup which I had to stop eating because it caused pain despite chewing really well and taking my time. If this happens I leave my soup, wait for 2 hours and then have a Slim Fast ready made shake.

Afternoon Snack.
Light Philadelphia snack with mini breadsticks. I chew the breadsticks till they're really mushy and I haven't had much of a problem with them going down as long as there is plenty of philly on it.

Tea
Second half of the tin of soup if it went down ok at lunch. If not, I'll try a different soup or have a Slim Fast ready made shake (I don't have more than 1 shake in a day though, don't want to rely on them too much).

Drinks
I usually sip on NAS orange cordial every day, cups of tea with lots of milk in them etc. I know I don't drink enough and I'm trying to up my fluids level.

If I eat something and have pain with it, I stop immediately. I have vomited when I tried baked beans. I usually have to wait 2 hours for everything to settle down before I can even have a drink let alone think of having something to eat. So if I do have problems, I'm likely to skip the meal I had a problem with.

I feel like I haven't progressed much beyond the first few weeks of my original operation.

What do you all reckon? Is another stretch needed or am I expecting too much too soon? Regardless I'll be contacting my team again on Monday.

i think you are doing the best thing by contacting yr team.
do you drink upto 15 mins before you eat. even now 16 months out i still find i have to water my pouch to be able to eat.
hope you get things resolved
carole

Definitely sounds like you need to see the team again. If you were managing semi solids after the stretch, and are struggling again now it might mean that they need to try again.

Thanks for the replies. I think I just don't want to go through another endoscopy but I don't want to get to the point I was last time which was it was getting difficult to get fluids down let alone anything solid and I was continuously nauseous. But something is obviously wrong as I'm living off smooth (ish) soups, slim fast, yoghurt and ready brek at 9 weeks out.

Back