• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Opper's - What do you eat?

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
I am 3 Months post Op now, and I'm bored of what I'm eating, so I would be very interested to hear what other members Post RNY Surgery are eating.

I currently eat the following stuff.

Weightwatchers soup
poached or grilled fish
scrambled egg
dry toast (qtr of a slice at a time)
Yoghurts
Cheese
Ryvita
Baked Potatoe (Half with NO Skin)
Chicken(cant eat much of it though)
Sugar free Juice
Muesli
Ready Brek
Porridge
Rice & pasta (only tiny portions)

I try to avoid anything with high sugar/fat/salt content.

Regards

KIM

Hi Kim
I was eating a lot of what is on your list but added to that i made casseroles with chicken and beef with lots of gravy and veg! I also ate various filled omlettes ie bacon/cheese/mushrooms etc with a salad. I also used low fat curry sauces to spice up my chicken. Hope this helps a bit it can still be quite difficult at the stage you are at to find variety as your taste buds can still be changing x

Do you cook? You can make some lovely things like chillis, bolognaise and cottage pies etc. that are yummy and go down well for me. I also like nice tuna and bean salads with lots of herbs. Yummy :)

Hi Kim, by 3 months out I could (and did!) eat pretty much anything, like you say though everything was low in salt/sugar/fat/carbs etc. I would say start experimenting with different foods, you'll probably find you can manage a greater variety than you think. As Mazza said, take a look at the bypass menus, they have lots of good ideas!

Cuppa xx

I eat alot of home made chicken curry, cottage pies and casseroles. I can eat a typical sunday lunch, but were talking tiny tiny portions and only chicken or turkey, I swamp it in gravy and it goes down a treat.

Don't be scared to experiment, from this stage your at it's all trial and error x

I also have very small cheese omlettes and baked beans. As a snack I munch on Mattersons fridge raiders. They are little bags of flavoured chicken peices and really yummy.

Breakfast is normally yogurt, but today I had shredded wheat for the first time, I let it really soak up the milk, and really enjoyed it.

Just keep trying different foods and see how you get on. I eat what the rest of the family eat but make sure it is healthy food tho. If they have say pasta or rice I will have a piece of salmon with a little veg.
I still find it hard to eat meat that is not well cooked tho. So I tend to put stuff in the slow cooker. Even chicken breasts and maybe a tin of condensed soup to make a sauce in there.

Jo
xx

Hi, I am three months post op too and eat similar foods to you but also eat

Cottage cheese
banana
mini weetabix ( 10 = one weetabix and they are very handy for taking to work)
Mince (try it with w/w chilli sauce and kidney beans to make a chilli con carne for on top of your jacket pot)
fish pie
corn beef (very easy to eat and doesnt get stuck)

I havent tried rice yet and only tried two pieces of pasta.

Let me know if you find any exciting foods out there that you can eat as I too am keen to boarden my meals

I eat & have tried anything I fancy, but haven't tried pasta or rice yet as they just haven't interested me.

I've not had any problems so far with veg, salad, fruits etc. and make sure that I stick to high protein low fat meats.

Chicken stew, bolognese with a little pasta or jacket potatoe, liver with onions, mashed pots and gravy, crackerbread with philly, cream crackers with cheese triangles, roast pork dinner, ww tinned tuna and salmon in sauce, fish in parsley sauce with carrots, peas and potatoes.

Hope this helps

in addition to your list i eat ham and bacon, all veg, salad with raw carrot / cabbage etc. I have cornflakes for breakfast every morning (made myself sick of eating weetabix whilst on puree stage !)I'm eating lots of egg at the moment in various forms (i've just baked 6 mini (no pastry) caramelised onion & chedder quiche) which are lovely with salad for work lunches.
Minced beef or turkey in shepherds pie, bolognese or chilli (mild one due to indigestion !)
I snack on prawns when i've got the munchies and on really naughty days i've been baking sugar free bikkies !
Unfortunately for me i can eat bread without problem - soft, crusty or toasted, so i'm having to avoid buying it in so i'm not tempted !

Since my last pouch stretch I've pretty much been able to eat almost anything. I have made myself sick a couple of times trying new things though but I do think I didn't chew enough.

My daily menu is something like this

Breakfast. 1 Pot Muller Light yoghurt (I can't eat much around breakfast time) or a small amount of Ready Brek or 1 Weetabix.

Lunch. 1 ham salad roll with lots of salad and ham on it. I do cut it in half and will only eat 1 half for lunch and the other half for mid afternoon snack or for my tea. Or I'll have a rasher of grilled lean bacon and a poached egg.

Tea. Usually some sort of flavoured chicken breast for tea with a few veggies. I daren't try pasta or rice as last time I tried both I threw up but it was before my last stretch and I'm trying to avoid them so that I don't introduce any more carbs in my diet.

Snacks. Babybel Mini Light cheeses, grapes, apples, mattesons fridge raiders or for a lower fat version Morrison's BBQ Chicken pieces. Lots of no added sugar squash. When I'm working I usually go to Costa and have a large skinny latte as well as it lasts me till lunch time.

Back