• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What tablets were you discharged with??

As the title says really! Wondering if the prescribed tabs are sort of the same or 'each to their own'!

I was given;
Co-codamol effervescent - Not ongoing

Lactulose - Not ongoing

Infacol - Not ongoing

Metoclopramide (Anti-sickness) - Not ongoing

Forceval multivits and minerals - Ongoing

Lansoprazole (Stomach acid reducers) - Ongoing

Ursodeoxycholic Acid (Gallstone prevention) - Ongoing for 6 months

Only pain relief which I didnt need - So no meds post op for me.

Lansoprazole was 2 a day now 1 a day for life
Forceval 1 a day for life
Calcichew 2 a day for life
I was also on iron 2 a day but my blood test showed i had to much iron so i'm not on them now.

You werent given the anti-acid meds? I been told I need to take them forever! Strange!

fragmin injections -4 week supply
iron tablets- ongoing
multivitamins- ongoing but swapped them for nicer tasting boots ones.
lanzoprazole fast tabs - ongoing
calcium tabs - ongoing
and a pack of completely useless paracetomal which I have replaced with codeine.

You werent given the anti-acid meds? I been told I need to take them forever! Strange!

Do you meen the Ursodeoxycholic Acid if so then i was not given them but maybe because i've had my gall bladder removed.

I was also told the Lasoprazole are to stop ulcers forming on the pouch i was on 2 a day but had my check up last Wednesday and they told me to drop to 1.

Similar-ish then

Do you meen the Ursodeoxycholic Acid if so then i was not given them but maybe because i've had my gall bladder removed.

I was also told the Lasoprazole are to stop ulcers forming on the pouch i was on 2 a day but had my check up last Wednesday and they told me to drop to 1.

Yh the Lansoprazole are to reduce the acid your stomach makes (used to heal ulcers too)

Back