• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's gonna happen?

jema

Help......
I am weighing myself every other day and the scales aren't being kind to me..:cry:
I need to be 19st 10lb to achieve my target set back in October, before my appointment with Mr. Mahawar on Wednesday, and I'm at 19st 13lb. I am trying so hard to shift the 3lb (strict low fat/cal diet, some exercise) but its not going anywhere. Does this mean he'll knock me back to square one...?!?
Aaaarrrggh!!

Hi Jema

I don't know how your consultant works but mine is quite ruthless. He recently cancelled two full weeks of surgery as nobody had stuck to the pre-op diet (I appreciate that's a different stage to where you're at).

Maybe if you do Slim Fast for a few days it will help to get you past next week x

Drink loads of water and keep off ALL carbs just till you see him.Plain protein food,veg,salad and fruit. no sugar or fats.Deffo no fizzy drinks.

Good Luck I hope you manage to lose the 3lb x

Definitely stick to a high protein, no carb diet, the weight will fall off. Make sure you have your three meals a day as not eating will NOT help you to lose weight. Good luck and let us no how you get on.

Julie.

i am under the same consultant and am having my op this weekend. I know they are really strict about your weight. do every thing you can you loose the weight. i know when i went up yo my first app i had gained slightly so they give me another chance but the app was 8 months apart. Sorry for the doom and gloom but don't want you to go there with false hopes. remember all should not be lost.

It had taken me over 2 years to get to my opp date so good luck

Sorry, had the wrong person so deleted post!!

No probs Suepat... I don't actually go to see my doc til Wednesday. Hopefully I've cracked it, but am so nervous. :fear: It can all depend on the accuracy of mine/their scales....

Chris, I hope you don't mind me asking, but
Are you with Mr. Small or Mahawar? My consultant is Mr. Small, but since he's out of the country, my appointment is with Mahawar at Monkwearmouth hospital. How much did you miss your target weight by? If my scales read the same as theirs, I should be on target so fingers crossed. :cross:
Good luck with your op and thanks for your advice.

Good luck Jemma

I dont know how the trusts in England work - seems like they are very strict. One thing I would say is that when u r stressed ur body can react in diff ways - so just follow ur diet and try not to stress too much. The very best of luck - hope it all works out for u xx

My consultant is Mr. Small but I too met Mr. Mahawar. He is really nice. Very friendly and very reassuring. Fortunately I had doubled my weightloss target and he was over the moon. In fact he was soooo pleased I thought he might say I could do it without the surgery and nearly had a heart attack!! But no, he was fab and am now awaiting my endoscopy.
As I did actually lose past my target, I cannot give any advice to what would happen if you have not achieved it. I would like to wish you the best of luck though, and if you are owt like me, the effect of the nerves (toilet time) on the morning of your appointment, may help!! :D xx

Good luck with it Jema! In all seriousness choose your lightest clothes, I know it goes without saying, but I once went for an appointment and had my suit on (not planned!!) And it made a Bloomin difference!!! Don't eat/drink too much just before appointment. And don't forget to powder your nose before hand tee hee!! It all makes a difference! But it does sound like you've cracked it!! X

mr mawahar is lovely, i weighed different on all the scales and the scales on the ward i was actually 5kg over than my pre op weight in! it was bzarre!!! considering my pre op was 3 days before my actual op> he looked at my original weight and because i was still 8kg less than that he was fine....

try not to worry and good luck xx

Well I'm off to see Mr. mahawar in a couple of hours. Got on the scales earlier this morning and I'm 19st 9lb, vesterday morning I was 19st 7lb.... I need to be 19st 10lb. I hope with all my might that I've done just enough....

Thanks to you all for the advice to help me shift those last couple of lbs. I'm skipping breakfast today, water only and off for a long morning walk (it can only help?!?). I'll be back later to let you know how I got on.

Hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. :character00238:

Hi Jema, hope all goes well today. Like someone said before wear your lightest clothes as it all makes a differance.

Back