• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's your "soft Cue"

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
I posted this a while back in answer to a question about sneezing when eating

soft cue: Is that post gastric bypass little message your body tells you when you have had enough - for some it's a sneeze, a runny nose, hiccup, sigh, yawn. If you recognize yours quickly you can avoid overeating and potentially losing what you just ate by not taking "just one more bite."

I think mine is hiccups!
Whats yours?

Interesting post...I'll havee to keep this in mind for the future. :)

Andy x

Banders get a tightening high up in the stomach (pouch area). Hiccups, coughs amongst other things mean you have eating to quickly or too big a mouthful.

Mine is a runny nose :)

Runny nose too. By the time I yawn I've pretty much overeaten unfortunately. My team tell me the excessive yawning can be part of the symptoms of dumping syndrome.

i totaly agree with andy what an interesting post.
you learn so so much from this site things you would never have imagenend. that is why i love it and am so glad to be part of it.
with all the replys i will keep this in my memorie and will be able to realise my symptoms when i have had my surgery which i think is priceless. xxx
your team can alert you to these things but with all the differant replys from each indevidual i think is much better. xx

Banders get a tightening high up in the stomach (pouch area). Hiccups, coughs amongst other things mean you have eating to quickly or too big a mouthful.

-as a bypasser I get one BIG hiccup first,then the full feelingx

What about sleevies? I just (8 weeks post op) get pain when I've had enough so I know to stop eating! I do sneeze a lot more than I used to, tis true, but not always eating connected, and yes I do get hiccups too. Not noticed a runny nose though!

Yup! I get a very noisy hicough if I try for "another" mouthful

I met a girl the other day , post band , says she gets what she called sliming , in which as she says " all your orifices water " ie excess saliva , eyes & nose water , excessively

sliming , in which as she says " all your orifices water " ie excess saliva , eyes & nose water , excessively

:jelous:

Mines a DS and right at the beginning it was hard to tell until it was too late and then id be a little sick. I instinctively know now by almost the spoonful when to stop. Still can't drink and eat together 3 years on.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I get a slight ache in my jaw probably all the chewing and i often get hiccups . I try to stop but just that one extra forkful can push me over the edge to feeling nauseous so 75% of the time i manage to stop but as for the other 25% well.......
Wendy x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back