• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When at goal, what food rules do you follow?

Hi guys!

I've been sitting here thinking about the various posts saying the bypasses eventually stop working etc and figured it is best to get into the good habbits I will need as soon as possible, after all we all have had bad eating habbits and I could be easy to slip back into them!

These were the ones I had in mind -

3 meals a day, no snacks

No drinks with meals

2 litres fluid per day(between meals)

What other ones can you suggest???

Although not at goal yet, the rules u have suggested are the ones i stick to.......and so far i'm doing ok with them xx

im trying to stop food taking over my life like it has...

so as such I have no set rules... i try and eat like a normal person :)

.x.

BypassBee,

I know exactly how you feel, but once I reach goal I just think that I will need a few really basic rules, certainly don't want to be counting calories or anything else for that matter!!

I think on the whole I try and keep it healthy, with the odd indulgance here and there... ive been a bit relaxed of late so need to get my normal head back on.. but im a newly wed, so hey, its allowed?! lol

protein first, no drinking with meals are good rules... i some times have a small drink with meals, mainly only if im out as i find food too salty.

.x.

I've been sitting here thinking about the various posts saying the bypasses eventually stop working...after all we all have had bad eating habbits and I could be easy to slip back into them!

I am wondering where all this 'bypasses eventually stop working' thing is coming from?......a bypass can't stop 'working', post-op patients are always going to have some degree of malabsorption & restriction...but you've hit the nail on the head... it's the bad habits people may slip back into that stops the tool being so effective, imho xxx

Back