• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Where did you go privately?

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
My bf and I are pricing up the posibility of going private as the waiting list seems to get longer and longer and my shrink wants me to have post op therapy while the insurence company still pays. Anyway, the insurence company won't pay for the op so thats why we're looking private.

So where did you go? (possibliy london area or wakefield (where mum lives) )
How much did it cost?
Did you have a payment option to pay in bits?

Neen

WLS Moderator
Not in the right area to give you any info but I just wanted to wish you well

Last edited:

JoxJo

HiddenBeauty said:
My bf and I are pricing up the posibility of going private as the waiting list seems to get longer and longer and my shrink wants me to have post op therapy while the insurence company still pays. Anyway, the insurence company won't pay for the op so thats why we're looking private.

So where did you go? (possibliy london area or wakefield (where mum lives) )
How much did it cost?
Did you have a payment option to pay in bits?

Hi
I went through The Hospital Group for my band, op was done at a Spire Hospital in Solihull. It cost my £6450 (£500 more as I needed a HDU) just in case of complications. They do payment plans but only for one year! So big monthly repayment figure! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

von

I'm at the Nuffield leeds although I don't know if they do payment options. I am having the pose procedure and I know that it is the cheapest available in this country at the moment, so it may be worth phoning them to get a price for the WLS you are thinking about.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I went with WLS Group, all their prices / locations etc are on their website. Not sure which option you are looking for a price for x

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
Sorry I thought I had said, Gastric Bypass.

lucyh

I went abroad to Belgium, through WLS, cost £8000 plus flights - very happy so far

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
JoxJo said:
Hi
I went through The Hospital Group for my band, op was done at a Spire Hospital in Solihull. It cost my £6450 (£500 more as I needed a HDU) just in case of complications. They do payment plans but only for one year! So big monthly repayment figure! Good luck!

Hi sorry to butt I'n on ur thread but wanted to ask Jo how was Solihull spire?? I'm having a bypass there April 16th??? X

kieras nana

i went to the spire hospital,at manchester,through the hospital group.it cost £11.500.
can't believe it only costs £8000 in belgium,wish i had researced it more:confused:
tracyx

wizzbang

I wouldnt fancy going abroad to have it done.
Were you quoted £11,500 pre op kieras nana or did the price go up afterwards?
Lynne x

biggy123

I know it's a fair distance from you but I (and many others on here) went with Mr Ammori at the Spire Hospital in Manchester. I had a long journey there and back from Glasgow but it was worth it as he is THE BEST!
Everything was done over the phone and by mail (pre-op diet,health questions etc.). I met Mr Ammori and the team on the Thursday, had my op friday, was out by 10am the next morning.
Cost was £9500 plus extras for hotel, travel etc. and was worth every penny.
Best of luck and keep us posted!!

kieras nana

i actually only researched the band & that was what, my consultation was for,but after reading on here,i sort of knew,he would recommend the bypass,however the bypass,scared me,so really didn't want to have it done,however the surgeon really put my fears to rest & told me to go home & think about it,but i was sick of thinking about it & really wanted my journey to begin,as soon as possible,so after a quick chat with hubby,about finances,i signed there & then & had my surgery 2 weeks later.
can honestly say,it was the right decision,but it does make you think,when it costs quite abit cheaper,but hey i haven't suffered at all,after my op,so may not have been that lucky.i was out shopping 3 days after & back to work in the office 2 days after,so maybe it was worth the price i paid;)
tracyx

JoxJo

Laura b said:
Hi sorry to butt I'n on ur thread but wanted to ask Jo how was Solihull spire?? I'm having a bypass there April 16th??? X

Hi Laura

The care I received was excellent the nurses were all fab! I was out of it the first day but my OH said he felt I was in very good hands! Good luck for April :) x

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I went with Healthier Weight in Birmingham for my bypass and paid £10,500. I had my actual operation in Manchester with Mr Basil Ammori. I know Healthier Weight does do ops in London as well.

kateyloo

I had my bypass via BMI Healthcare at a cost of £11,000 - I wouldn't fault them and the aftercare is 2nd to none - it would've been cheaper to go abroad but I was worried about the aftercare and I was lucky enough to have a BMI hospital just down the road.

The great thing about going private is the timescales - I went for my first consultancy in November 2010, had my op in January 2011 and here I am 2 months later and have lost 60lbs :)

Good luck with your journey xx

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
JoxJo said:
Hi Laura

The care I received was excellent the nurses were all fab! I was out of it the first day but my OH said he felt I was in very good hands! Good luck for April :) x

Awwww thanks Hun I feel a bit eased now, was ur husband allowed to stay while u had op?? Wats the visiting times and things?? How long was u I'n? X

JoxJo

Laura b said:
Awwww thanks Hun I feel a bit eased now, was ur husband allowed to stay while u had op?? Wats the visiting times and things?? How long was u I'n? X

My OH was allowed to stay in my room while I was being banded (complimentary teas and coffee at the end of the phone for him) visiting time was till 9.30 pm from time of op (I went home at 10 next day). Complimentary newspaper for you too if wanted! ;)

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
JoxJo said:
My OH was allowed to stay in my room while I was being banded (complimentary teas and coffee at the end of the phone for him) visiting time was till 9.30 pm from time of op (I went home at 10 next day). Complimentary newspaper for you too if wanted! ;)

Awww sounds great lol I'm having bypass though so might b I'n longer than a day?? But the service sounds fab x

lucyh

I should point out that although my op was done in Belgium, all the pre-op and post-op care is here in the UK. The nutritionist rings me every week and currently I have monthly appts with the clinical director very close by in Birmingham. This is with WLS and so far I've been very happy. They're always there on the end of the phone if I need them. The appts may go down to once every 2 months after 6 months but that is up to me.