• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Where did you go privately?

It doesn't sound quite so scary then lucy, That seems like excellent service. Thanks for pointing all that out. Did you go alone? Were flights included in the price?
Lynne x

I had a sleeve done on the NHS with Shaw Somers but originally went to see him privately with Streamline Surgical. Had my op in Chichester but he also operates near London. I was quoted between 10-11,000 for bypass.

Good luck x

It doesn't sound quite so scary then lucy, That seems like excellent service. Thanks for pointing all that out. Did you go alone? Were flights included in the price?
Lynne x
I flew alone to Belgium but hubby could have come too if I'd wanted him to. Flights were not included - the return from Birmingham to Brussels cost me £140 all in. When I arrived at the airport I was met and taken to my hotel - the Holiday Inn in Gent (about 30 mins drive away). I had that room for the whole 5 days I was there, so was able to leave stuff while I was in hospital and hubby would have been able to stay there for no extra cost. The following morning I was collected and taken to the hospital. I had all the tests and met the surgeons (I had two) and was under by about 11am. I spent 3 nights in the hospital - I had a private room with TV showing BBC1 and 2. The surgeons were wonderful and each visited or phoned me twice a day. After 3 days in hospital I was taken back to the hotel where I spent a further night. On the final day I was collected, taken to the airport and home I went. That was 3 and a half weeks ago. After 2 weeks I did 3 days work (Mon, Wed and Fri and felt fine). I haven't worked this week - I work on an "as and when" basis - but could have done - feel fit enough to work. If anyone has any questions about the whole experience I'd be more than happy to answer them. And if you did decide to go to Belgium, do contact me because WLS have a special offer on where if a previous patient refers someone, you get £50 off and so do I! Every little helps as they say.

Back