• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which food logging app/site do you use?

jules2

Hello lovelies

I've been using myfitnesspal to log my food since starting the LRD but having entered a few recipes now, I'm getting fed up with how many incorrect entries they have on their database and also how very American-centric it is with its cups and ounces. Previously I had used weightlossresources.co.uk but checked today and they won't allow customised calories or anything lower than 1100 a day which isn't WLS friendly.

Which app or website do you use to log your food intake/track protein, carbs, cals?

Bling Babe

Hello lovelies

I've been using myfitnesspal to log my food since starting the LRD but having entered a few recipes now, I'm getting fed up with how many incorrect entries they have on their database and also how very American-centric it is with its cups and ounces. Previously I had used weightlossresources.co.uk but checked today and they won't allow customised calories or anything lower than 1100 a day which isn't WLS friendly.

Which app or website do you use to log your food intake/track protein, carbs, cals?
I get on great with MyFitnessPal but others on here use bariatric and get on really well with it, unfortunately I didn’t but it’s worth a try x

Sarnie

I use EasyFit kcal Counter

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I use Myfitnesspal but was recommended Baritastic but I didn't really get on with it x

jules2

Interesting info ladies, thank you very much. I've had a play about with Baritastic (love their chewing and water timers) yesterday, I like being able to talk my ingredients for recipes into the app but not the lack of ability to change the results to a different ingredient. The calorie content of my blasted chicken and lentil soup varied quite a lot and I know the MyFitnessPal was accurate as I got the Sainsbury's nutritional values from the packaging or online and matched it to the right MyFitnessPal ingredient - too ages though. I'm thinking that I'm eating a lot of new foods as I go through the food texture stages and once it all settles down and I populate my own regular food and recipe list then I'll be more hidden from the American versions of things. This can also be avoided by entering words like Sainsburys, Tesco and Waitrose! :D Going to have a look at EasyFit Sarnie - never heard of that one but will carry on using MyFitnessPal as the core tracker and explore others as I go.

Thank you again. :hugs: