• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which PCTs fund plastics?

ravelling

Grateful bypasser
This may have been asked already, so I'm sorry if I'm duplicating another thread.

Is there a list of PCTs which fund plastics after WLS. I know some budget for a 'package' including some reconstructive surgery.

I'm a million miles away from there yet (still pre-op) but was wondering if I stood any chance of getting it on the NHS or whether a remortgage was on the cards! :rolleyes:

I live in the Tees and Hartlepool PCT and am having my bypass surgery in Sunderland.

im not sure either but would like to know. i went to my gp the other day and asked and she said 'one step at a time' so im taking that as a positive :) x

Anyone got any info on PCT for Kent

After reading this post i rang my pct Enfield and spoke to someone and explained my concerns that when i get to goal i would of lost 18 stone and already my skin is horrendous, and i was told they do fund plastics after wls so that was def good news, and i def fit their criteria just hope they are as understanding this time next year lol

I have a PDF of the NICE guidelines for plastic surgery saved, but I can't attach it as the file is too big. I'm sorry, I cant remember where I found it so cant post the link.

If anyone wants it, PM me your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you.

Back