• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Women and weighing.....

phatmomma

I've been angelic this week with my weight loss and activity only to be rewarded with a 2lb gain at weight watchers. Now see if i'd been naughty i'd take it on the chin, but i haven't been naughty and i've exercised....

Is it true about women and fluid retention etc? I've been pee'ing for England this week btw. Before anyone asks my totm stopped last October and hasn't reappeared yet...

I'm sure when i go next week i will have a loss, but it's just so darn annoying!

I found the new points system didn't work for me very well too but I'm pre op so might work differently for you. I would try it for a few weeks and maybe try the old points system see if that works. Don't feel too bad sometimes you might just need a couple of weeks before your body starts moving down again :) x x x

Sometimes a lot of salt and processed food in general can cause fluid retention. I put on 5lbs of fluid last TOM and not happy with Aunt Flo I can tell ya!

Maybe measure yourself as well as weighing so you know you are definately shrinking and weird weight fluctuations don't disguise your fab progress x

I can be anything up to 5lb heavier when I am due on Julie so dont let this knock you off the rails. Had you done anything different this week, such as had your tea before the meeting when you would normally have it after? Also the warm weather can cause fluid retention so it could be as simple as that.

You have really inspired me with your recent success and I have now signed up to WW myself. You will probably have a whoosh of weight loss next week.

I'm worried about the monthly things, I have had a period since last July so don't know if I'm gonna have the same problems as you at my weigh in at sw.
Do we still get all the hormonal stuff every month if we dont actually bleed? I suppose only time will tell.

I found the new points system didn't work for me very well too but I'm pre op so might work differently for you. I would try it for a few weeks and maybe try the old points system see if that works. Don't feel too bad sometimes you might just need a couple of weeks before your body starts moving down again :) x x x

I joined 5 weeks ago and in the first 4 i lost 8lbs on the new system. I like it. It works well for bypassers as it's protein friendly....

Sambucca? Well done on biting the bullet to get those last few lbs off. Won't take you long i'm sure....

As for me? I've only been stupid enough to agree to a 3 mile walk with Trev tomorrow. Not so bad apart from the fact it's 3 miles....each way :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi Julie

Hormones are funny things and do even funnier things to us! I have none of my own female ones now so rely on good old HRT but weight fluctuations are just one of those tricks mother nature likes to play.

I was always an in arrears loser, maybe you are too? What I mean is that when I was really good food and exercise wise I didnt lose but the next week I caught up.

You will be fine on the walk x x

keep working and playing hard julie and you'll get your rewards hun x

8 pounds very good work as people have said it probably hormonal, I'm different I tend to loose more weight lol good to hear you are enjoying the plan. I'm back on 1500 cals diet as of tomorrow had a few weeks off. But did not put any back on just maintained, good to no I can maintain (never stabilised before) normally when I go off plan weight goes straight back on plus more. Are body's are strange things lol :) x x x

Bodies are very weird.. Brains seem to be just as weird. I think mine is finally getting the message. The old phatmomma would have headed to the garage for chocolate n crap. Don't get me wrong i tucked into some of my w/w chocolate bars, but i pointed them when i got home...

Bring on the scales my imminent leader :)

Back