• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wrapped wants spa!!

julesburns

Hi all. Im 34. I got wrapped on 18th December in prague. My stiches are now out. My scars are heeling and closed completely so no risk of infection. I'm feeling fine. Eating well.
I've booked a spa break for New Year's Eve with my sister and want to ask if anyone swam this early on or if I should just stick with lying in the thermal pools?!? Lol. I will be 2 weeks post op by spa day. Advice appreciated. :) xx

Gillykit

Hi Jules hope you had a great Christmas? I asked my provider about swimming post op and was told to wait until after my six week check as there is a high risk of infection even if your stitches are out and you think your wounds are healed. It wasn't the exercise they were worried about, it was the water. Might be worth dropping your team a quick email? Gx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

julesburns

Ok :( sob sob. I can still sauna an steam and get a pedicure though right?! I will stay out of the water! :) which is hard as I must have been a mermaid in a former life!! Lol xx

penelope1008

I was told I could go to the pool once my scars had healed but if they were a little raw to cover them with waterproof plasters. But also not to soak for to long to soon after surgery even in the bath as it could soften the new scar tissue & open the wounds again as the body needs a little more than a few weeks to strengthen the scar tissue.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

girlygirl1

Jules ask your Team. Don't take any unnecessary risks as, who knows, you might still be at risk of infection or whatever.

You have years ahead to swim, pamper, etc! I can totally understand your impatience but you really must put post-op healing FIRST. Infections can be very nasty indeed and can set you back weeks.

You've been patient this long! Ha Ha. You can be patient a wee bit longer x