• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YES - FINALLY, something most of us have known for years.

Jamast

It doesn't really help that a lot of foods these days are laden with addictive sugars and fats that you crave when you stop eating them..

They create the happy hormones in your brain and when you stop your brain is like .. woa biotch why are you not feeding me my drugs any more.

The cravings get worse, and sometimes the brain delves way back into your past to say .. mmm look you haven't had this in a while.. it was so yummy (during my pre op diet I had cravings for sugarpuffs.. i hadn't had them in 10 yrs !)

The brain is a strange, and somewhat sabotagey creature. Even in matters of non food.

I would agree with that!

It doesn't really help that a lot of foods these days are laden with addictive sugars and fats that you crave when you stop eating them..

They create the happy hormones in your brain and when you stop your brain is like .. woa biotch why are you not feeding me my drugs any more.

The cravings get worse, and sometimes the brain delves way back into your past to say .. mmm look you haven't had this in a while.. it was so yummy (during my pre op diet I had cravings for sugarpuffs.. i hadn't had them in 10 yrs !)

The brain is a strange, and somewhat sabotagey creature. Even in matters of non food.

Couldn't agree more. I haven't even had the op yet, but am starting to avoid all the things I won't be having after the op. I actually craved a chocolate biscuit yesterday - I have NEVER eaten bought biscuits due to a nut allergy (easier to avoid all offenders, than work out what is okay lol) - but yesterday I had to buy some choc cookies and risked having one. I just could not stop thinking about them and a little voice kept telling me it was okay as I will never eat them again - I NEVER BLOOMIN' ATE THEM ANYWAY LOL X

Hi

Statistics show that 95% of all diets fail, or in my case 100% of all the diets I have been on have failed, well ok I know it's really me that's failed the diets, but it is a recognised fact that diets fail and they mainly fail because they are diets, they don't teach or force us to change our eating habits for life, and no one wants to be on a healthy eating plan either do we. This is why wls is good as for most people it forces us to change out eating habits, even if some people still try to fight it all the way and then go crying that the surgery didn't work. Yes it did, it was you who didn't work, and you know who you are :) right.

Off me soap box now.

Paul

I agree, but having said that, I have never lost more than a stone and a half before.

I tend to get to the one and a half/two stone mark then revert back to my 'old ways'... because I've always treated healthy eating as a temporary thing rather than seeing it as a permanent way of life.

see, my eating was relatively healthy when I was younger and I still put on weight. Portions were probably too big. But in hindsight, I would have just ended up curvy- all the diets the doctors put me on etc just made it worse.

I'm the same - with me it's portion control. The WL people are more than happy with what I eat - it's the amounts that are the problem. I have managed to lose weight, in varying amounts, on every single diet I have been on, but put it all back on, sometimes very quickly. Three of those times I have lost over three stones and yet it all went back on very quickly.
I did come across a piece of research some years ago that said for every 1lb lost, 90% of dieters will put 3lb back on - that's scary, but also explains how I got to my biggest. I wish I could find it now.

Back