• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

yet another POOH question. Sorry anybody with a sensative nature please do not read.

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hiya,
6 months post bypass everything going great. Visiting the throne regular no problems, then Tuesday afternoon cramps in stomach and very loose pooh. Have not felt sick or anything and the cramps are lower down more bowel. Been like it ever since Tuesday. Had to get up in the nights and everything. Any ideas the only thing i have had different is vitamin tablets changed from haliborange chewable to centrium. many thanks janey:(:(:(:(

Ooo er! Don't know, but sounds familiar, I've put it down to dumping, bread can make me do that, but I usually get the sweats too.
what did you eat? Could it be a tummy bug? Ovulation? Weariod?

Ooo er! Don't know, but sounds familiar, I've put it down to dumping, bread can make me do that, but I usually get the sweats too.
what did you eat? Could it be a tummy bug? Ovulation? Weariod?

I am wondering if it is a tummy bug but don,t feel like my stomach is upset its mainly lower bowel way. Have eaten nothing different.

I used to get very similar things happen. I would have horrendous bowel cramps, followed by what i called emergency poo's which were very loose and smelly.
I realised it was my body's way of dumping.

Take note of what you're eating lately, and check the fat content.

Now, at 10 months post op, i don't get the cramping, however if i eat something too high in fat, i get horrendously smelling wind, which can literally clear a house out, let alone a room. The smell burns the hairs from inside my own nose LOL. Something to be proud of lol. But it's followed by very loose poo's the next day.

I find that when i watch the fat content, and stick to low fat and low sugar, i don't have these issues.

It could be a bit of a tummy bug, keep an eye on it, watch what you're eating and see how you go.

hi hun i had the same thing happens to me quite often i turns out i've developed IBS if it does not get better see your doctor x x buscapan(spelt wrong) tablets help a lot with the pain and the loose poo you can get them from most supermarkets x x x

update had a little experiment. since i had the bypass everymorning would have a glass of half orange juice half water and this stopped constipation. ON saturday did not have any orange juice and my little problem stopped. Just to make sure i had a glass of 1 third orage juice and 2 thirds water on monday morning and here we are again. The only thing is i have not had any more and i am still having cramps, the runs ect anyway the question is could i be dumping? or has any post bypasser developed an intolerence to a food further down the bypass road that they could normally tolerate. Janey:confused::confused::confused:

Orange juice is notorious for making people pooh. You may simply have a tummy bug, or may have developed some late dumping, Is it freshly squeezed or from concetrate?

Orange juice is notorious for making people pooh. You may simply have a tummy bug, or may have developed some late dumping, Is it freshly squeezed or from concetrate?

hiya tpt it is from concentrate. Will not be having it again think i will stay constipated lol. janey:cry::cry:

OK - always stay clear of acidic drinks if your tummy is poorly (particularly orange) and if you drink OJ - try to make it freshly squuzed - it has less additives and is less of a laxative effect. Be kind to your tummy at the mo and stick to kinder foods - mash, toast, etc etc

OK - always stay clear of acidic drinks if your tummy is poorly (particularly orange) and if you drink OJ - try to make it freshly squuzed - it has less additives and is less of a laxative effect. Be kind to your tummy at the mo and stick to kinder foods - mash, toast, etc etc

Thankyou tpt for your help it has made me feel better. ;);)

Back