• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yet another reminder I'm humongous.

Louise1

I'm decorating my bedroom at the moment and just went out to get ladders from garage.
Checked max weight limit on them (sad enough that I have to do this on everything I touch!!) and it's 15st. Eeeeekkkkk.
I can't even get on my own ladders any more. I refuse to go and buy morbidly obese ladders from B&Q as I'd die of embarassment. Too scared to try getting on them incase they collapse (imagine explaining that one at A&E).
Embarassed and ashamed again.
Sorry people, just needed to offload.
xx

lol can you get ladders for the morbidly obese? Dontcha just hate that term...morbidly obese....clinically obese....a big girl.......you have such a pretty face....urghhh! lol
I have never thought of checking the weight restrictions on ladders but I have on other things like my sons trampoline, I have never been on it just in case, I think the limit is 14 stone, so no chance for me!
My sister bought me a hammock (with a metal frame) for my birthday a few years ago and I have never got on it because the weight limit is 12 stone. ffs! Crappy present or what?!!
One day we will be able to climb on anything without giving it a second thought, can't wait!
xxx

At weight management we used a trampette. I thought it was fun so went to buy one. Max weight on all of them is 15st.
Eeeeeeee!!!!!!!
It's just a daily reminder really of how useless I've became.
I'm now having to wait for someone else to come & do the decorating for me.
xx

Please dont feel so down, these things are the reason that we are taking charge to change our life's for the better, I'm sure you are just off loading but don't let it grind you down, I'm with you on the weight limit for everything gets you down & embarrased, As i have previously posted on another thread i was in the middle of contemplating surgery after watching a dvd of gastric bypass and just as my thoughts turned to are you sure you need this, the chair i was sitting in collapsed lol the leg broke clean off.... i used that as a sign for my answer.....yes i do need it lol xx I hope your feeling a little brighter today & if you can get someone to do your decorating i say flick the kettle on and sit back:coffee: Re assign your job role as supervisor ;) xx Take care & chin up xx

I had one of those hammocks in a metal frame, I was lain in it while my son and his friend were playing in the garden when the frame snapped! Mortified. I've broken beds, chairs, toilet seats, you name it!

These days though, it's a different story. Last summer hubby and I were at a wedding and at one point there was a shortage of seats, so hubby said to sit on his knee! I did so without a seconds thought and stayed there for ages. Plus I was 5 months pregnant!

So there is a light at the end of the tunnel, now I can laugh at the broken things, as they are well and truly a thing of the past. They do make for excellent motivation when your willpower is wavering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

shelbell said:
I had one of those hammocks in a metal frame, I was lain in it while my son and his friend were playing in the garden when the frame snapped! Mortified. I've broken beds, chairs, toilet seats, you name it!

These days though, it's a different story. Last summer hubby and I were at a wedding and at one point there was a shortage of seats, so hubby said to sit on his knee! I did so without a seconds thought and stayed there for ages. Plus I was 5 months pregnant!

So there is a light at the end of the tunnel, now I can laugh at the broken things, as they are well and truly a thing of the past. They do make for excellent motivation when your willpower is wavering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

This made me lmao I Darnt even sit on a garden chair!!
My op next week yippee won't have to worry anymore :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I shelled out for a Wii fit to get some exercise only to find the max weight was 150Kg, I was mortified. fortunately now I can use it. I hate the terms morbidly and clinically obese, it makes you sound like a leper, I think we all get a pretty crap deal in general, like we are some kind of alien or have the plague. Keep your chin up and be proud of who you are. Take care.

Morbidly obese ladders!They need to take steps to lose weight!Sorry,walking away with my head held low......

Ignoring the jokes about ladders for the morbidly obese i have a question for you?

1. What makes being fat means you are useless?

Sorry but being fat stops you doing a lot of things, wearing all sorts of gorgeous clothes, it does not make you useless...

Now get your head up and find a skinny friend to do the decorating. You can do it next year xxx

phatmomma said:
Ignoring the jokes about ladders for the morbidly obese i have a question for you?

1. What makes being fat means you are useless?

Sorry but being fat stops you doing a lot of things, wearing all sorts of gorgeous clothes, it does not make you useless...

Now get your head up and find a skinny friend to do the decorating. You can do it next year xxx

Julie, I seriously think you should take up a career as a life coach. I for one could do with a straight-talking, no-nonsense conscience sitting on my shoulder, and I'd pay for it!
Love your style,
xXx

Last edited:
It's not me being a life coach Louanne, i know a lot of fat people and i love each n everyone of them. Not because they are fat and need 'a friend'. I love them cos they are funny and kind and none judgemental and a little bit crazy and each and everyone of them has touched my heart in one way or another...

Fat is not ugly or useless, it's just a bit more padding around a wonderful person xx

It's not me being a life coach Louanne, i know a lot of fat people and i love each n everyone of them. Not because they are fat and need 'a friend'. I love them cos they are funny and kind and none judgemental and a little bit crazy and each and everyone of them has touched my heart in one way or another...

Fat is not ugly or useless, it's just a bit more padding around a wonderful person xx

ps and it ticks me off when people think being overweight makes them any less of a person than the skinny person they are stood by. The person who said skinny was 'normal' obviously hadn't met me :) xx

phatmomma said:
ps and it ticks me off when people think being overweight makes them any less of a person than the skinny person they are stood by. The person who said skinny was 'normal' obviously hadn't met me :) xx

Ha, ha.
I might get to skinny, but know I'll never be normal! Who'd want to be?
xXx

Back