• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yikes! It's nearly balloon time!

lins74

Hi all.
I've been reading through lots of your journeys + they're so inspiring - they make me wish I'd done something about my weight sooner!
I'm booked in for 6month balloon on 3rd Oct, and starting to get nervous. I live in Northern Ireland + the 12month SPATZ balloon isn't available here unfortunately. But fingers crossed all will go well.
I would love to lose 4st - anything above that would be a bonus. Nothing is guaranteed, I know that, I'm going to have to work very hard - but I reckon I'm ready for the challenge!

Lins
:)

Good luck lins! I'm from n. Ireland too.... Saving for a gastric sleeve. It's a disgrace there's no funding for us isn't it! I'm so envious of everyone on this site who get it on the NHS (although I'm very glad for them too...) looking forward to seeing how you get on. I'm thinking of Spatz in the meantime - you can get it done in Wales. Xo

Thanks tandydadder.
I know! Isnt it terrible that we're left out?!
I've read several negative things on here about the balloon :( - I'm hoping I won't have too hard a ride with it!
Are you thinking of having yours soon?
Lins

I hope the balloon works for you. I'm torn.... Had intended on getting the Spatz done in January, but it's 4K, which would go a long way towards a gastric sleeve!

Hi all.
I've been reading through lots of your journeys + they're so inspiring - they make me wish I'd done something about my weight sooner!
I'm booked in for 6month balloon on 3rd Oct, and starting to get nervous. I live in Northern Ireland + the 12month SPATZ balloon isn't available here unfortunately. But fingers crossed all will go well.
I would love to lose 4st - anything above that would be a bonus. Nothing is guaranteed, I know that, I'm going to have to work very hard - but I reckon I'm ready for the challenge!

Lins

Good luck and keep us updated :)

Hi, Good luck tomorrow:bestwishes:, I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck on your weightloss.
Remember you will be sick ( alot ) but it does pass and then it's all down hill from there on x

Hi Guys
Thanks for your messages. I had the balloon fitted yesterday, + so far so good - I HAVEN'T THROWN UP ONCE!!!!! (touch wood).
But I am feeling quite a bit of pain - under my ribs & just below them. It actually feels like trapped wind pain, but really extreme. I'm also very tired & weak, but that's fine, I expected that.
Has anyone else had this pain???

I was able to eat a piece of soft toast last night too - I honestly never dreamt I would be one of the lucky ones who wasn't sick at all.:)

I think I read in someone's post that ginger beer helps to alleviate some pains - does anone know about this?

Many thanks
Lins
XX

Well done Lin on your successful surgery, happy it went well for you! You are fortunate not to feel sick, hope it stays that way for you.
As with most surgery, there will be a certain amount of bruising; but I`m sure in a few days the worst of it will be over!

Be careful with fizzy drinks.....I`m no expert, but I know with gastric surgery that if you have them it can cause problems. Not sure how it would affect you with the balloon.

Looking forward to following your journey - and also: Welcome to the losers bench hun x

Love Kat x

Thank you Mandy

Another thing I didn't even think of! Must send hubbie out to buy some windeze. :)

Take care

Lins
X

Back