• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your valued opinions please

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
I am considering launching a new venture and would value your opinions:)

I have an outside catering business plus a cafe/deli shop. One of the most popular things sold is our traditional old fashioned hotpot meals, we offer them at weddings and parties, plus they are sold as jacket potato fillings etc in the shop.

Now the idea, when we get home after a long day at work, often we fancy something nice but cant be bothered to cook....all we have available is chinese or fish and chips:(

So what if we offered our delicious home cooked meals, takeaway style delivered to your door? Good wholesome menu, using locally sourced produce at a competetive price...............

So what do you think?

Is this something you would use if it was on offer?

sounds a great idea ,and i would def use it ,but as you know , its a really strange business,,,i guess the only way to tell is do a pre run,,,the only down side i could think of ,is people normally go for something they cant make themselves at home ,but having said that im pretty sure theres many older people whom wouldnt dream of ordering say an indian or chinese but would be tempted by a traditional meal,with calorific values and ingredient list which we dont get with an indian,thank god lol,i love new ventures , my hubby calls me del boy , lol, im always thinking of new things to try , but rarely do ,so be brave and good luck,he who dares, he who dares !,OMG!,ive turned into him! lol,good luck!

Sounds a winner to me ... there are lots of people who for one reason or another do not eat wholesome meals. It is amazing just how many people can't cook even a basic meal. Could you maybe do a survey in your area to see what interest there is ... a lot would depend on what demographics are involved. If it is a lot of singles, elderly or working families you would probably do well. Good luck in your new venture :)

Ooo I would love that. Alot of the time I can't be bothered to cook but I don't always want your typical take away especially now I'm banded.
Sounds like a great idea, if only I lived in Cornwall. Do you deliver to Gloucestershire? lol

I think that is a fantastic idea! I feel there is not enough healthy choice when it comes to take aways and deliveries. I hate cooking. If there was a delivery service that offered hot pot meals and other similar meals - I would defo use it!! Can you deliver to London?! lol!

As I said on your other post - Do you deliver to Lands End!

As you have a pre existing customer base too, I am sure they will take you up on the idea. What is their feedback so far? Maybe they work in Falmouth and not live there.

I must admit I am a sucker for stews. Betty's hot pot etc. Mine are quite plain though, as I don't always have the ingredients to make them special, so if someone else does that for me, I am a happy bunny.

Sounds very exciting, and good luck xxx

Great idea. Our local Harvesters have started doing take-out so I do think there's a market for something other than Indian, Chinese and Pizza. Good luck with it!

I would also suggest that as you take the hot, take away order, you offer the option to deliver chilled or frozen ones "for tomorrow". This should help with add on sales and enable you to sell more meals for one vehicle journey.

If you find this successful, you might post me a few as a "consultation fee"!!!!!!!

Great idea, wish you could do tonights teA for me.xx

Maybe we could global LOL!!

I like the idea of offering chilled meals too....Thanks for that one :)

Genius idea!!! Sometimes if I'm home alone, can't be bothered to cook something decent just for one. This is a cracking idea!!! Perfect timing to start up with autumn impending! What is more satisfying than stew type affair when its cold out!!! Good luck!!! X

Thank you. I really think it should work...

I'm really not a what if person so will give it a a go..

Menu would be things like

Beef Bourgignon
Spanish Chicken
Lamb Hotpot
Chicken Supreme
Luxury Fish Pie
Mushroom Goulash
Pork, Apple & Cider
etc,etc

Any other favourites ideas all welcome :)

Well I would try them all.

Do you need a guinea pig - small portion of course!

Nom nom nom!! Sound delicious!!!! You could try and work out slimming world syns and weight watchers points for you dishes or a couple of them. Don't know about everyone else but when dieting sometimes you want an "emergency takeaway" and difficult to pick. It might be a selling point?

omg you must have been in my head this morning ,i was just thinking wouldnt it be nice to have a proper home made meal delivered but knowing all the fats sugars protein ect in it that's good for bariatric patients; but the best of all i havent had to cook it lol xxxxxxxx

It really would be brilliant!! So convenient!!! X

Right on, so a mass move to Cornwall on the cards.

Unless Sarah franchises it out.

Yum! Don't forget Irish stew or something with dumplings-and some traditional puddings too ! You could do family sized portions and individual as in our house everyone always wants something different!
Franchise would be really good and make you zillions of pennies!!

We will be offering some nice starters soups, salads and stuff and we already make and sell fabulous homemade cakes and desserts :)

Thank you. I really think it should work...

I'm really not a what if person so will give it a a go..

Menu would be things like

Beef Bourgignon
Spanish Chicken
Lamb Hotpot
Chicken Supreme
Luxury Fish Pie
Mushroom Goulash
Pork, Apple & Cider
etc,etc

Any other favourites ideas all welcome :)
:drool: Wow, Love them all. I'm hungry now!

Back