• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st Day Post-Op

Stephysimbow

Hi everyone!

I got out of hospital this afternoon, after having my Gastric Bypass with Mr. Ammori yesterday morning.

Doing fine, just still a bit sleepy and sore, as to be expected.

Just wanted to ask any fellow bypassers - is it normal for your stomach to gurgle quite a bit? And mine feels all hard and swollen? And also I don't know when I'm hungry or full?

I had a few sips of clear chicken broth in hospital and a mouthful of sugar free jelly but stopped myself. And then I came home and drank some dissolvable codeine for the pain but I couldn't manage it all as it felt really uncomfortable.

I just want to know does this sound normal at all???

It's bizarre!!

Thanks in advance,
Steph xoxo

Hi Steph, great to hear from you.

Everything sounds perfectly normal xx

Mixman said:
Hi Steph, great to hear from you.

Everything sounds perfectly normal xx

Thankyou for the reply!!

Just worrying for no reason i suppose. And I know this is stupid but I weighed myself and i've put weight on since before the surgery - very silly of me, just was feeling so heavy and bloated I wanted to check.

Wow they really don't keep you in long when you go private do they? I've been told to expect to stay in for 5-7 days when I have my bypass.
Congrats on being on the losers bench xx

first of all well done on getting through ur op. I had mine last week and my tummy gurgled for a good few days. I am still feeling a bit of pain from wind but getting less each day. I havent felt hungry yet which is great.

What u r describing is exactly what i have been going through over the past week or so. Just take it easy and get plenty of rest. The anaesthetic will still affect u after a few days.

Good luck x

Awww Stephy, you are doing well... did you go privately and where was your op? I've tried to message you to wish you well, but I can't send you a message.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

tink1974 said:
first of all well done on getting through ur op. I had mine last week and my tummy gurgled for a good few days. I am still feeling a bit of pain from wind but getting less each day. I havent felt hungry yet which is great. x

do you eat even though you don't feel hungry? I don't wanna push myself but then don't wanna starve myself! Thanks for putting my mind at ease though <3

Bev said:
Awww Stephy, you are doing well... did you go privately and where was your op? I've tried to message you to wish you well, but I can't send you a message.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

I know for some reason I can't private message! It's weird, I don't really get it!!

I went private, with Marcus Landauer, who got me in contact with Mr. Ammori, and I stayed at the Bupa Spire Manchester Hospital which was lovely. Thankyou for being so lovely Bev <333

I could've stayed another night, but I wanted to get home really; my blood pressure etc was good, I'm a low risk patient and I missed my partner!

Am now happy to be home and waited on hand and foot by my fiancé :D

Xxxxx

The gurgling is so normal. My stomach gurgles used to wake me up they were so loud! Even now 101/2 months out my gurgles are noisy!
Take it easy. Like everyone has said you have had major surgery. So rest, rest rest. Also maintain fluids , so lots of sipping.
Good luck
xxxxxxxxx

Hiya hun - welcome home, and congrats on your surgery! Everything sounds normal, bearing in mind they pump you with air! Gripe water can help if you feel discomfort!
Either way - good luck and keep us posted xx

Hiya Hun congrats on your op, happy healing xxxx

Well done on getting through the op and being home so quickly. Every day will get better now and by next week you will be feeling different altogether.
Keep well and best wishes for your recovery
jo XX

do you eat even though you don't feel hungry? I don't wanna push myself but then don't wanna starve myself! Thanks for putting my mind at ease though <3
i am on fluids only till next thursday but i am taking fluids every hr and a half or so, whether i feel hungry or not.

I have been having things like coffee, tea, milk, smooth yoghurt, bovril, homemade smooth soup - celery soup or lentil & cumin.

Aww Stephie... rest, rest and rest... do hope you are feeling ok today... and it's all good news for you this year!
So pleased you are done and dusted, you are doing brilliantly... take good care xxx

Hi everyone,

Just wondering; you know how you can't consume many calories when you're on the liquid diet - how do you stop yourself going into starvation mode?

Just trying to get my head round this :p

Back