• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd fill- is it meant to be so difficult?

bahia

Hi all, had my first fill 4 weeks ago which was under xray and really straight forward. Today had my second which was not under xray. The nurse could not find my port and inserted the needle in 6 times and finally found it whilst I had to have my legs in the air and head held up.

She put in 1.4ml taking me from 5ml to 6.4ml. I went and sat outside her room and could not keep the glass of water down as was feeling quite anxious after the whole experience and dreaded going back in as she had really been pushing on my scar.

Anyway after running to the loo twice I had to admit to her that it was too tight. She took me back in and said she will take 0.4ml out. I lay down head and legs in the air, and then again she started pressing really hard again making the area quite tender. She again prodded me three times. Again unble to find the port she got me to stand between her legs as she sat and prodded me three more times until she finally was succesful.

Is this normal??? As I now dread going back.

Welcome to the awkward port club lol! There's a handful of us on here have tricky ports (I'm one of them), last time I had one done under xray the consultant took measurements, so this time it went straight in, I was very relieved, could they do the same for you?

Hopefully as we lose weight they'll be able to feel it easier, I hope your next one is easier

ps I have considered getting an X tattoo'd on the area lol xx

Thanks Sarah, glad to know i'm not the only one. Today I feel so bruised and tender with her pushing so hard yesterday trying to locate the port. Did you get this too?

Back