• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band fill trouble

Bubbles1971

Hi ... I've had 3 fills now and the nurse has had trouble each time trying to find the centre of my port. Today was the most difficult yet, I was in for nearly an hour and 4 needles and dozens of attempts later it finally worked. The nurse is very experienced and said it's the most difficult one she has ever had, she can't understand as my port is central enough and she can feel everything as normal. Anyone else experienced this?

Hi bubbles, when I had my first fill she had trouble finding the port, she could feel a lump which I actually pointed out to her but said its in a wierd place so must just be scar tissue but it turned out it was my port. She said she has never had a port as difficult as mine, she managed to do it on the third attempt but they are only allowed 3 attempts so I was so pleased she eventually got it in I was a bit bruised and bettered after all the prodding and poking though. On my second fill she couldn't do it on the first attempt and I reminded her that when she did it last time I was lay really flat and she pushed my stomach (above the port) upwards, she does that every time now and hasn't had a problem, she just needed to remember her technique I suppose. She did say as people lose weight the port can seem to be in a different position which can make it easier, hopefully this is the case for you x

Hi bubbles I used to have to raise my legs slightly for them to access my port some were better than others at getting it Xx

Thanks for this. Yes my legs were raised to tighten my muscles each attempt and we tried making ma lay flat as well as slightly up. She was going to make notes for next time, I am a bit sore but was more worried about getting sent away than the pain plus the poor nurse who is absolutely lovely was getting quite stressed, I applaud her for keeping on trying

Back