• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post of can I have my hair dyed

I have a hair app tomoz just wondered if I can still have my hair dyed I am so worried that my hair will fall out would it be ok

I dyed my hair 3 months after my surgery and it has been falling out quite a lot although my hairdresser told me yesterday she thinks it isn't falling out it is snapping as it is very brittle from the hair dye ( permanent hair lightener) The first couple of months my hair seemed fine I was advised on here not to use chemicals and heat appliances on it but I already had dyed it at that point lol well you learn by your mistakes :rolleyes:

God hop it will be ok has having it done tomoz I have been using straighteners on my hair and it fine wasn't told anything by hospital my hair is really think and it seems normal at mow lol

I have a close friend that had a gastric bypass and she told me she started losing her hair about 4 months after her surgery but that she started taking biotin supplements and using a special shampoo and the hair loss slowed right down.
I was worried about the hair loss too when i first read about it when researching the surgery. I spend a lot of time hiding behind mine so definitely wouldnt want it to fall out! lol but she told me that at 10 months post surgery her hair has already started to grow back so thats great news!

My hair is already thin now after chemo in 2010, so once I have the op I may go bald. I loved being bald during chemo as there was less to worry about. No shampooing, conditioning, brushing, just decide on a hat for the day and bob's your uncle!!!

I'm sure I have read somewhere that not enough protein in the diet can contribute to hair thinning x

Back