• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BAD HAIR LOSS

lotsabeefy

Hi all, before my bypass i had really thick corse hair it was horrible......then 3-4 months post op it started to fall out and at first i liked it because i had normal hair.........now it dosn't seem to want to stop falling out and although i still have a full covering my parting appears to be a lot wider than before.
Has this happened to you guys? and will it stop? and when?
Cheers very much in anticipation of your answers xx

My hairs falls out by the clump full too, it's definately the change in your diet. when I lost alot of weight on the Cambridge diet the same happened too.

I have to sweep my floor every time I brush my hair cos it gets covered.

You can buy a hair and nail supplement from Boots, I've been told that helps.

My hairs falls out by the clump full too, it's definately the change in your diet. when I lost alot of weight on the Cambridge diet the same happened too.

I have to sweep my floor every time I brush my hair cos it gets covered.

You can buy a hair and nail supplement from Boots, I've been told that helps.

Thanks hun, i started taking something last week lets hope it helps......x

i lost alot of hair on the cambridge diet too my doctor said it was down to the lack of minerals... try to take a good vitamin and a horsetail vit .. good luck

It gets to the stage where you get rather worried you're gonna end up bald doesn't it.

I am just over 6 months post op and my hair loss is slowing down now.

I had a massive amount of hair, absolutely loads, and have lost at least half of it. Even with having so much to start with, I was still starting to think it would never stop coming out by the handful.

Don't worry Chicken, I'm sure you'll be fine & it'll slow right down in the next month or 2.

xxx

OMG, I am really worried about this hair loss thing (not enough NOT to have the by-pass you understand), but still really worried!
My hair used to be quite thick, but has got much thinner over the last couple of years (wish I could say the same about the hairs on my chin....what is with that?).
Anyway, I have read about supplements called silica and sea kelp on mainly American websites, which advocate using them before & during the whole process...so I've got some & I have already started taking them, in the hope that I won't end up looking like Gollum after about 6 months post - op....I'll let you know if it works! xxx

Hi hun
Mine has fallen out tons since about 2 months post op and is only slowing down now, at nearly 11 months post op.Luckily I had tons to start with:D:D

My hair is definitely shedding - but I'm not sure if it's any more than normal for this time of year. I always lost loads after my pregnancies, but as long as I don't go completly bald it will be better than being fat! xx

I've been taking 2 x Silican Complex from Holland & Barrett since the day of my op. I always loose some hair when washing/brushing etc. but around two weeks ago whilst washing it there was an awful amount of hair falling out which caused me a lot of concern. Like I said, I'm used to loosing some, but when you have to unblock the drain 3 times it's a little worrying!

I've upped them to 3 a day now and the loss seems to have eased up some.

i had baby thin hair to start with and now i have a worrying thin patch at my crown. it takes me ages to do my hair to cover it up. I use a TIGI thickifier product on it which helps to make it look thicker and give it volume but i guess its just a case of waiting till it stops falling out. Most people say it goes back to normal after a while.

I am 12 weeks post op and have noticed my hair is coming out think and fast everywhere I go I leave strands of hair I hate it as I have fine hair as it is. I notice it more when I wash my hair it all gets tangled in my hands, I noticed quite a lot came out yesterday it's really upsetting. I started taking Silica complex but I must admit I haven't been taking them for a couple of weeks as the tablets are so big I sometimes have trouble swallowing them. Does anyone have any other suppliment ideas where the tablets aren't as big?

Hi hun
Mine has fallen out tons since about 2 months post op and is only slowing down now, at nearly 11 months post op.Luckily I had tons to start with:D:D
Thanks for that Candie, good to know i'm not the only one xx

i had baby thin hair to start with and now i have a worrying thin patch at my crown. it takes me ages to do my hair to cover it up. I use a TIGI thickifier product on it which helps to make it look thicker and give it volume but i guess its just a case of waiting till it stops falling out. Most people say it goes back to normal after a while.
Thanks Jayne, i dont have an actual patch as yet but i do have a very wide parting xxxx

My hair is definitely shedding - but I'm not sure if it's any more than normal for this time of year. I always lost loads after my pregnancies, but as long as I don't go completly bald it will be better than being fat! xx

lol yeh it would but only just xxxx

OMG, I am really worried about this hair loss thing (not enough NOT to have the by-pass you understand), but still really worried!
My hair used to be quite thick, but has got much thinner over the last couple of years (wish I could say the same about the hairs on my chin....what is with that?).
Anyway, I have read about supplements called silica and sea kelp on mainly American websites, which advocate using them before & during the whole process...so I've got some & I have already started taking them, in the hope that I won't end up looking like Gollum after about 6 months post - op....I'll let you know if it works! xxx

you're turning into father!! lol :8855:;)

but seriously....i quote from my pre surgery pack

"HAIR LOSS"

A small amount of patients (about 1 in 20) note some hair loss. This is reversable and normally due to a dietary dificiency. If it does occur, make sure you are taking your iron, increase your protein intake and add a zinc supplement and a vitamen B complex. You can buy these over the counter but the zinc dose may not be high enough. You should aim for 200mg of zinc per day which you may find easier to obtain on prescription. There is also some evidence that Kelp (a seaweed extract which can be bought from health food shops) which is rich in iodine helps, although you must not take these if you are taking thyroid tablets.

hope this helps ;)

I lost a lot of my hair - my hair dresser said it looked like alapica (sorry for spelling). I am now 7 and a half months post op and ir's back whoop whoop - although it is baby hair so I look like a baby chick lol. Keep going and belive me it does come back xxx

I lost a lot of my hair - my hair dresser said it looked like alapica (sorry for spelling). I am now 7 and a half months post op and ir's back whoop whoop - although it is baby hair so I look like a baby chick lol. Keep going and belive me it does come back xxx

Thanks that really reasuring xx

Back