• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

7days post op now

Jen1961

Is on her way!
I guys, just letting you know (now that im not spaced out from the morphine any longer) that my bypass and gall bladder removal plus hernia repair went ahead last Weds as planned.

It's not been all good for me unfortunately, I ended up having open surgery and don't I know about it. Sigh!! I'm really upset and disappointed as I was hoping for a relatively forward ride like I kept reading on here with others but I was unlucky that my liver was too big even though I stuck to my pre op diet and list 16Ibs in them three weeks.

I'm still in hospital feeling very down. I know this pain will subside and this is just the beginning but I can't help but feel I've done the wrong thing.

Update later when I'm feeling less sorry for myself. Xxx

Aw Jen sweetheart :( So sorry you are having a rough time :( It's only a week though & after having so much done via open surgery, it's not surprising you are feeling sorry for yourself ... I know I would. Each day will see a small improvement & it won't be long before you are saying you are so glad you had it done :) Chin up, sugar ... baby steps xxx :wave_cry:

Sorry it was not an easy ride hun but 2012 is going to be an amazing year for you, rest and heal now the worst is over xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rough start to the new you but you certainly had a lot done in one go so no wonder you feel a bit battered. Even keyhole it would have been a major challenge. Open surgery is of course far tougher & will take longer to get over & I certainly wish you well & a speedy smooth return to full fitness. As for have you done the right thing, certainly you have the hernia & gall stones being sorted once you are over the surgery will be miracles in themselves & make you feel so much better & pain free, the bypass will also add to that well being as your losses kick in & ease any other aches, pains & physical challenges you face from the old you.
In the mean time take care, rest, recover & plan your new wardrobe & look as the new butterfly emerges from the chrysalis of the old you.

awww so sorry you had a bad time of it jen :( i think i would be regretting it if i was you too, but when you start healing properly and losing loads of weight you will be as happy as a pig in poop :D look after yourself honey :) xxx

Last edited:
I also need a hernia repair and gallbladder removal :(

Feel for you chick. I would be feeling exactly the same as you. Don't stay away, come on here and vent. Thats what we are all here for. Wish you a speedy recovery and an awesome 2012 :D

Aw so sorry ur feeling down Hun I'm sure as soon as u start healing n feeling better in urself and on the road to recovery u will be glad u had it dun ;) here's to a slim n healthy 2012 x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Wonderful news that they managed to do the bypass at the same time, even though it was open surgery, because there was a possibility that it wouldn't be happening at one stage wasn't there?

You're in the best place to recover Jen. Ryanrara had open surgery and was in for 8 days, and he's doing really well, so your story will have a good ending, don't worry!

Just concentrate on getting well enough to come home, then you'll be coming along in leaps and bounds (maybe not literally) and in a few months this will all be a vague memory.

All the best.

Well done Jen for even feeling well enough to post. I hope your hospital stay is not too much longer, and that your recovery wont be too long. I'm sure when you feel better you will feel more positive about everything. Sending you a hug. xxxxx

my bypass and gall bladder removal plus hernia repair went ahead last Weds as planned.

Well that was a LOT for them to carry out in one go, no wonder it was a huge op for you !!

I have been told my surgeon won't touch my hernia repair until I am post-op and have lost a "significant" amount of weight.

Best wishes for your recovery Jen and we all hope to see you back on here with an update for us as soon as you are feeling well enough. :) :) :)

Back