• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I want off this ride now

tumbelina31

Hi all sorry to moan had my bypass 13th july and the past week i have felt more ill than after the op, the pain has had me in tears i have tried taking the meds they are making me sick i think its the taste, Contacted my gp what a waste of time told me he some anti-sickness go away. thing is i already take it told him my gall bladder started playing up he wasn't interested. Im sat here thinking what have i done? it's the school hols my kids fend for themselves although i am in it not the same. i wasn't expecting this rush of emotions, struggling to say the least. suppose shouldn't moan i know i got the op but was really un-prepared for this :cry: wish it was all over feeling i cant do this :(

Sorry your feeling like this sweet, I cant really help or give advise as I havent had surgery, but all I would say is contact your WLS team rather than your GP as they will have more knowledge of after surgery symptoms and may want you to go in for a check up. I know your not feeling well but they might just be able to put your mind at rest as to what it could be, and that could be the start of feeling better.
I do hope it passes quickly for you and you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.xx

Contact the team, however it all sounds pretty normal. It's not been a month yet, it takes a bit longer to feel better and your old self. As long as your home your children are fine I'm sure. This time next year you'll wonder what you stressed about!

Just rest, drink and follow the eating plan.

Xx.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Contact your surgical team. Something sounds wrong if you are still in pain. Everyone is different in recovery time. Luckily i'm 3 days ahead of you but feel so different than this time last week. I only hope you feel better soon.

Can you get help with the kids?It will soon pass and we all go through it in the first couple of months.That is why we have psych councelling etc.In a few weeks you will forget this time and life will be good again.You have to get your head around eating differently,emotions,relationships,home,work and kids.It will be worth every tear you shed now,I promise you the next few months will be the most exciting in your new life.
To be healthy,wear great clothes,have tons of energy,confident,happy,relaxed,never give food/diets a second thought.Going to the gym,swimming,better sexlife/social life.Able to do simple things that slim people take for granted,when did you last bend down and fasten your trainers in the middle of the street?Cut your own toenails?Run with the kids?You have it all to come,like a long christmas day!lol Maz x

Thanks all, maz my lad in nursery it's my older two that feeling it I always done stuff in the holidays bit of a shock this year being stuck in. I can't wait for the positives it's wot I want. Just when u feel ill and low it's hard gp useless give it till mo then ring my team. All your words are so kind I can't thank you enough xxxx

Sending you hugs T
xxx

In the words of the great Nat King Cole

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

Keep on going chick, you've been so strong so far I'm sure you can keep fighting for a little longer and I promise you'll see the benefit of what you've done. Get in touch with the care team who looked after you and just say something doesnt feel right and you'd like to be looked at asap.
You will succeed at this..!
Sending Love and Health
Katie xxx

Thumbelina

I can sympathise with you as wasn't feeling to good after my op too!! It was discovered that I was dehydrated due to not being able to drink or eat much with the pains in my stomach. Maybe that is what is happening to you?? I am felling brilliant now at 4 weeks post op. I rang my team and was readmitted and given 4 bags IV fluid and felt well enough to return home a couple of days later and have'nt looked back. When one is feeling so ill after surgery I can see the reason why they regret their decision. Calling the team will put your mind and your body at ease as they are the experts and GP isnt really up on all the ins and outs of Gastric surgery. I do hope you ring them and are soon feeling on top of the world and happy about your surgery. take care hun. HUGZZZZZZ xx

You are still very early post op! Your only concern should be resting/drinking/resting, resting/drinking, are you getting the pattern.

So many people think they'll have surgery and within a week they'll be marvellous. Some are blessed and are, others aren't, our bodies all react differently...

Give yourself a bit of credit for being so brave and going for your dream. Get your bigger kids doing more so that you can get rest, there's still plenty of holidays left to do stuff once you are more rested.

In the meantime, tomorrow morning call Walsall Manor and speak with Anna. Insist that you need to see Mr Hartland as a matter of urgency.

You are important. You will feel better. Within 3 months i guarantee you will love your surgery and you and your family will be reaping the benefits of it all... xxx

I couldn't agree more with Julie.
For a week to 10 days after the op I felt quite sorry for myself, emotional and disbelief at what I'd put my body through. Now, 8 weeks out and another three stone down, I feel amazing. You soon forget the discomfort and adapt to your new way of life.
xXx

take care you will get better , i was really poorly with a massive internal bleed 4 horrible water infections in 7 weeks but now feel fab im 9 weeks today, but speak to your team thats the only way you will get answers xxxxxxxxx

Hi Tumbelina- how are you doing now hun?

Back