• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A bit bewildered ?????

Su2ie

Got a letter on Saturday with my surgery date for 31st October, it said that my pre-op appointment details may be included with the letter - except they weren't!
Last week I was originally offered a cancellation for 26th and was told I'd have to go in the day before and start the LSD straight away.
So, assuming I have to do 2 weeks lsd that would be starting this Friday and I have no details!! Have no pre-op appointment and no clue how admissions works. Basically all I have is a surgery date and I'm panicking because I don't know how it all works!!! Just hoping it's not a mix up!
Can anyone at Sundrrland tell me when/how you got the diet details and how long before surgery was your pre-op appointment?
Do j need to ring them? If so, who do I ring?

Can you ring the hospital and ask to speak to the bariatric team so you can get some answers xx

On a side note auto correct tried to change bariatric to barbaric!!

Can you ring the hospital and ask to speak to the bariatric team so you can get some answers xx On a side note auto correct tried to change bariatric to barbaric!!

Ha ha that really did make me laugh lol :)

Yes I know that's the sensible thing to do, I just don't feel too rational at the moment! I don't want to bother them because I know they're busy and I keep telling myself they know what they're doing and will have it all in hand. On the other hand I've got a hundred questions I want answers to NOW!!

Right If I don't hear anything tomorrow, I'll ring them....

Any question you have, I'm certain they've had it before.
YOu must call if there's something you're not sure of or don't understand - you need peace of mind through this whole journey. Good luck with everything.

even busy staff want you to ask and get things right, they are there to help, they chose a helping profession so bell em

it may be an error to ahve missed some sheets of paperwork out x

Awe bless you all, don't know what I'd do without this forum and everyone's support x

Give them a ring Suzie, this is your operation and you need to make sure your 100% ready. COngratulations on getting a date though! x

Thanks, yeah I'm starting to get quite excited, though still a bit nervous. I'm slowly convincing myself that everything will be ok and all worth it in the long run......roll on 31st :)

It will so be worth
your time is nearly coming to an end take care of yourself

I just don't want to get there and be cancelled because I haven't followed the rules!

Assuming I have to do the LSD for 2 weeks that means starting this Friday so I'm rather anxious I haven't had any info on what to do.

Still no news today so will ring them tomorrow to chase things up....

Feeling more positive about the whole thing though ?

LOL I was waiting the day i started my LSD for an email to be sent with details LOL Just give them a bell, they'd rather you bother them than getting it wrong :) plus you need time to get you supplies in ready :) all the best sweetheart x x x not long now :)

LOL I was waiting the day i started my LSD for an email to be sent with details LOL Just give them a bell, they'd rather you bother them than getting it wrong :) plus you need time to get you supplies in ready :) all the best sweetheart x x x not long now :)

Ordinarily I might have been a bit more relaxed about it but I'm meant to be going away this weekend with a group of friends from work, none of which know what I'm doing! I need to work out whether to go or not. I'm not sure 2 days of watching people eat and drink is gonna be good for me!

If you think you can handle some added pressure by being around others then go, if they don't know what your doing, you need a great distraction plan LOL If you feel its going to weaken your resolve .... personally i would give it a miss just this time.......... your coming into the most stressful part of this journey, you need to be kind to yourself right now, the emotions will be all over the place..... do alot of soul searching and decide for you whats best for YOU x x x x

You're absolutely right, the weekend is gonna be all about eating and drinking and not sure I'll be able to stick to what I need to, it would be far too tempting to just join in and have a last hurrah and put off starting the diet til Monday!

Alternatively, if I don't go I'll be home alone - a very risky thing because left to my own devices I have no willpower!

I guess I have to decide which is the lesser of the 2 evils and what I want more, food or the surgery!

Its imperative you find out when your LSD starts for sure....... it could be Monday which would allow you to go and have one last indulge BUT if its due to start Friday there is no room for diverting ...... the LSD is in place for your safety and needs to be followed to the letter ..... the last thing you want is to wake up without having had your op !!! Call the hospital tomorrow, mention you have a girls weekend planned the may give you permission to start a couple of days later but my guess is probably not, but don't run the risk of not getting your surgery .................. its a long time on the waiting for this gift grab it with both hands :) if your home alone clear the cupboards so you cant be tempted x x x xhugs

Thank you, you are absolutely right! Great advice.

Don't get me wrong I fully intend to grab it with both hands and follow what they tell me to the letter. I've waited a year to get this far and don't want to jeopardise it now. My issue at the moment is the uncertainty. I defo need to ring them and get things clarified then I can start planning.

Wd hunni i'm sure our brains turn to mush the closer we get......phone and get it clarified either way enjoy your weekend alone or with your pals :) x x x xx x

Surgery, a new slimmer you!

Back