• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Claire bob

Hi everyone, am new to this forum but have found it really useful to look at the posts. I am due to have a gastric bypass in 2 weeks and am absolutely terrified to the point that I am almost ready to back out. Please help. I will never forgive myself if I do!:cry:

hey Claire and welcome to the forum.
I'm due to have my bypass in 4 weeks time and am the opposite. No nerves at all about the op. But perhaps I'll freak out just before they put me under. I am scared though about how I'll cope with the post op diet.
Are you having your op on the nhs? If so this will have been a long journey for you. It would be such a shame to back out now and then have to go through the whole process again a few years down the line, and no doubt weighing a few extra stone by then.

Your surgeon probably performs a couple of hundred bypass's each year. You're in safe hands hon and they wouldn't have offered you the op if they didn't think they could get you through it safely.

How are you coping with the pre-op diet? Have you just started it?

Hi Claire bob

I'm really early in the whole process - GP only just applied for funding - but from what I've read on here your feelings are very very normal.

Hang on in there and you'll be fine xxx

Hi Clare bob i had my gastric sleeve last tuesday and like you i was terrified, (can finally admit it lol) But i have absoultly no regrets, im still on the liquid diet (i have to do it for 3 weeks) but so far its been a breeze im loving watching my weight come off. I really thought i would have been in pain constantly and being sick etc but i've not appart from being a bit tired im really feeling great, im never hungry and feel full after a few mouthfuls. I cant wait to start buying new clothes and having a more energy to run around with my kids. I know ive done the right thing xxx

You will be fine only natural to feel worried. Go with the flow just look at it as the the begining of a new life.And i can tell you its a nice side of the fence to be on.

Best wishes

Jo
xx

Welcome Claire!

This is completely normal. I think most of us post-oppers felt like this at some point in the run-up to surgery. I certainly did. In fact, on the morning I was being admitted to hospital I felt like backing out. Any excuse would do.

Take it a day at a time, get yourself organised at home and keep coming back here for support.

Take care.

In June last year i weighed almost 300lbs, if i could get a taxi up the path to my car i would have done. Exercise was a long word to type and not something that i did, never mind enjoy. If the veggies weren't prepared by midday then more than likely they wouldn't get done. A night out happened after i'd had an afternoon kip to give me the energy.... Working 6 hours a day was tough!

Now 9 months later i'm 16 2.5 lbs and my life is completely different. It's nothing to me to walk the 2 miles to the train station, work a 7.5 hour day then get the train home and walk the 2 miles back. Then if still commuting to drive 120 miles home to my family. I'm now riding my pushbike (albeit no hills yet, but that's because it's been 30 yrs since i last rode it) and went on a fair ride with my daughter last week....

My husband hit the nail on the head. He asked me what happened to the other woman? I'm still here, but i'm breaking out of my old fat self.

I've been a slow loser (approx 64 lbs, but i have been piss arseing around for the last couple of months foodwise) but i would do it all again in a heartbeat. Believe me if my children needed it i'd back them all the way....

Please don't give up, the end is so close and you will start living your life instead of just living.....

Good luck and keep posting along the way, ask the questions you need answering and never be afraid. We are all here behind you 100% of the way xx

Thanks for all your support everyone. Feel soooooooooooo much better already. It hasn't helped my that my mum has just had a similar op to correct a bad hernia and is still very poorly in hospital.

Hello Claire!! I was really worried, I was lucky as mine happened so fast, think if you have time to think about it that little person inside of you tries to talk you out of it, I think it is the same person who tells you to eat the last slice of pizza and go on one bar of chocolate won't hurt.... But stay strong and this other voice will soon get shown who's boss when you are looking and more importantly feeling amazing!!

Keep your chin up xx

thanks Chelsea feeling a bit more positive now. still scared but trying to think of all the benefits such as being able to walk without being in agony (suffered from planter fascitus for past 3 years due to weight gain) will defo be worth it in the end!!!

first of all wellcome to the site, i think it is natural to have doubts but i deffinatly think the goods will outweigh them, especially when you get your health back, this is just the begining, you have made the bigest decision of your life now waiting for you on the otherside of the op is a healthy new you, yes it doesnt happen overnight you have to work with it but if you want it bad enough it will get easier, i had doubts even to the point of when i was getting took down to surgery i was thinking any excuse to get me out of it, but i knew i made the right descion for both me and my son. good luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery.

A very big welcome to you, all i can say is we have all had the anxious thoughts but just think the day of op as the is the first day of the rest of your life & you wont regret a thing .... possibly after you will be thinking why the hell did i make such a mountain out of a mole hill i know i did x good luck & you will be fine xxxxxxxx

thanks Chelsea feeling a bit more positive now. still scared but trying to think of all the benefits such as being able to walk without being in agony (suffered from planter fascitus for past 3 years due to weight gain) will defo be worth it in the end!!!

:wave_cry:Welcome Claire,
Glad to hear you're feeling more positive:)
Good luck with everythingx

Good Luck with your op, I'm starting to feel a little nervous too but I'm also excited, I have my op in 3 weeks, Karen x

hi claire i had bypass 2wks ago the first wk a little pain after that nothing just getting on with life as i did before minus the vast amount offood lol good luck x

Hey girl! I am one week post-op and was a little scared before as well. My experience has been wonderful!! The pain was minimal and only stayed one night in the hospital. Don't back out. It's going to be tough but I have seen results already!!! In just 7 days!! Best of luck and thoughts are with you!

Back