• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice from experienced bypassers please

My understanding is thet calcium is more important for pre menapausal women.
but its not surprising that GP's are confused whaen you look at how much variation there is in advice from surgeon to surgeon just in this thread!!!

Lol! I do like a milky coffee...but my downfall is cheese....I absolutely luuuuurrrrrrvvvvvveeee cheese....good for calcium but bad for fat.....:cry:

cheese lol!! remember when we lived in Stoke?? i got caught with half a pound of cheese in my pocket as a kid!! :8855:

hi just reading thread about St Richards i had my bypass in aug 09 and have been told i need a Centrum vit pill everyday for rest of my life.
My Gp is brill he told me to take calcium pill everyday and a lanzoprzole too.
Even the same hospital is giving out different advice no wonder people are confused.com :)

OMG, I don't remember that at all....what on earth were you doing with a chunk of cheese in your pocket for, you freak??? pmsl! xxxx Btw, give me a ring tomorrow...home from a weekend away now xxxx

Hi Steph, my GP prescribes me the multi vit Ketovite, as advised by my consultant. I struggled with Forceval in the early days and the tiny Ketovite tablets suit me fine. I asked my GP why we cannot take the B12 as a tablet and his reply was that it is cells in our stomachs absorb that vitamin and we bypassers don't have enough of them in our pouches, hence the injection form. I hope he will be monitoring your levels closely. Lack of iron can also cause hair loss. I'm sure Mr Li will have the answers.

Lx

Thanks Lizzie xx
My GP said that he will see what my blood levels are like in 6-12 months to see if I need to resume the B12 injections and iron tablets. He said that too much of anything is bad for you as well and as both of them were at almost too high a level, that he really HAS to stop them.
I will see what Mr Li has to say about everything, even if he just sends a detailed list of what they recommend and why exactly a bypasser needs them and what could happen if they dont get them to my GP so that he is fully informed about them, that would be enough for me.
My GP is an asshole though, there is me saying "no no I agree, the less pills I have to take the better" and he is obviously hearing it as "no no, I want more pills, dont take my pills away pleeeeeeeeeeeease" as he started to argue with me about it and when I tried to reiterate that I was happy to take less he said, quite curtly "no, you asked me a question now let me answer"...that annoyed me because I DIDNT ask any question and was actually agreeing with him. He is an ass, when I was dragged along to see him by my parents a few years back, he only took me seriously then because he likes my parents and recognising them he treated me a little better and actually admitted that as I had given him a urine sample he had thought that it would be either a water infection or "psychological", yeah thanks mate, I was hospitalised that same day by yourself after that urine test turned up that I was diabetic and rather unwell because of it and the frequent visits I had made leading up to that date were screaming that I was poorly and you were so frigging arrogant that you chose to ignore it!!! I really do dislike him and there is only him and his wife at that practice and she has the same bedside manner as him and is only half as useful!!!
I am actually on the lookout for a new GP, but I have to be careful not to move to one just as ill informed and useless, so for now I have to stick with this current idiot.
Lets hope Mr Li can educate him somewhat!
Steph xx

Hey Stephi,

Have you heard back from Mr Li about this? I am considering stopping the fastabs now. My surgeon told me to take 2 sanatogen/centrum multivits in the morning, 2 pregaday tabs at lunch and 2 calichews of an evening, don't mind the vits but a bit sick of the fastabs...

Looking good missus...
x

Back