• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed please

beckers

After 2 years of weight management at UHCW my surgeon applied for funding to my PCT which is Northampton. I had an email today saying that for 2012/13 they do not commision funding for bariatric surgery at UHCW NHS trust. Contract disscusions are currently taking place for 2013/14 but will not be agreed till end of April 2013. My options are to A be reffered to one of the providers contracted by my PCT for the surgery, or B wait till 2013/14 and see what happens.

My question is, who is supposed to refer me to another provider, and how would i find out what providers my PCT has a contract with.

I'd ring your PCT and find out. Be clear that you are not expecting to go back to the beginning having waited 2 years already and find out who they are currently commissioning. This is what I did when they decided not to use my original provider ( then they did a U-turn and used the first place anyway!!) Also speak to your GP.

hope you get things sorted xx

Who do i ask to speak to at the PCT? You just go through to a general switchboard when you ring. Im so Peed off right now its not even funny :-(

whatever you do don't give in xxx hopefully you will be able to find out who you can go to and get seen very soon xxx take care and let us know how you get on :)

Ohh I'm so sorry :( I agree it's a massive waste of time when they do this. It's crazy how crossing the border can make such a difference. I hope it gets sorted for you :)

Northants currently fund Heartlands and Luton & Dunstable. Your GP applies to the PCT for funding, not the surgeon in Northants. Once you have funding confirmed you then choose which hospital to be treated at, which will decide your surgeon and surgery.
Not sure why Coventry & Warwickshire come in if you live in Northants?

I just found this out this morning FuturePerfect. I rang the PCT and even they asked why i was at UHCW. She told me to ask my GP to apply for funding and then they would tell me which provider i would see.
Apparently Northants did have a contract with UHCW back in 2011 when i was reffered, why no one thought to tell me it had stopped is beyoned me, Just a total waste of the last 2 years of my life.

good luck getting sorted out now :) hopefully your doctor will get onto it straight away so no more time is wasted xxx

Well at least you've got the evidence of weight management, so the funding application from your GP should be pretty straightforward. I heard in 2 weeks about the funding (Aug 11) Referred to Heartlands, combined dietician / surgeon appt in Sept 11, Op in Nov 11. I was prepared to come in at short notice, and I had 10 days notice for my band. Don't know what the sleeve lists are like. So pretty quick for me. Hopefully quick for you.

Back