• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

afraid of next stage

tray

well as of next monday i can go onto sloppy foods, but im afraid to try new things incase they make me ill, i had tried weetabix, and also some mash potatoe with cheese mixed in it, but im not sure of what else i can have that will be ok to be mashed , i also cant get any of the protein drinks into me as i hate the taste of them so im sure ifim having enough protein, i hope anyone can advice me on what to eat and drink .........

all i can say hunny is that it will be fine. The worst is over and its kinda fun seeing whats nice and whats not as your tastes will have changed somewhat xx

try blending up some chicken in gravy and pots and veg it makes a fantastic soup but with extra protein.
Eat soft fish in sauce try quorn mince in tom sauce quorn is very good in protein and alot softer than normal meet i found at that stage i was eating mash with most meals eat yogs and cheese as well and drink milk all high protein dont be afraid to try at this stage its trial and error if it doesnt work with u today then leave it a week and try it again i no its scary im just on solids and im still trying to find out what i can and cant eat just keep positive xx

tracey at my hospital they say you dont have to have protein drinks but at 4 spoons of marvel to a glass of milk for extra protein, you can also mix this is mash and your pureed food xxx

My providers have said that i have to stay on soup and yoghurt for 4 weeks!! That is enough to put me off for life i reckon!:d'oh:

I used to love a slice of corned beef in mash with cheese and gravy to make it a bit slopier after you have done this for a week or so try adding some mashed baked beans and cheese to your mash. I also blended bolognese sauce and mixed this into my mash.

Its a case of if you fancy it tya little bit of it and be prepared to like something one meal and not the next and vice versa.

hey hunni try the cod in butter sauce! mmmm mmmm on top of some mash lovely!! ooo and flakes of fish in some mushy peas? lil viniegar its almost like a chippy! good luck xx

hey hunni try the cod in butter sauce! mmmm mmmm on top of some mash lovely!! ooo and flakes of fish in some mushy peas? lil viniegar its almost like a chippy! good luck xx

Beware of fish at such an early stage as it is quite a solid texture and a lot of bypass patients struggle with fish in the early stages regardless of how much sauce you have with it. I know people that are 9 months post op and still can't eat fish.

ooo eeek im pre op ha i just thought it would be ok! gosh i didnt realise you wouldnt think it hey x

I am just over two weeks out, and had cod in butter sauce, no mash though, and it went down fine xxxx

i had salmon, mash , and mushy peas all mashed down really well and so far it has been ok, i also had a babybell and chewed it untill it was like liquid and that was ok to, i also have had which i know was naughty but i wanted to see if i could handle them , was about 3 skips and let them melt in my mouth untill they went really mushy, they tasted so good but i only had 3 where normally idof had 3 packets ..lol

I've had salmon and its been fine, however yesterday after driving for approx 200 miles and a day at Longleat i was too tired to do anything and took the easy option and went to the chip shop for tea for me and the family. Had a mini fish of which i gave my 11 yr old a generous half then just had the remaining cod and some mushy peas, i struggled with wind after this....

Good luck xx

oooo mushy peas mmmm mmm ;-)

Back