• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i allowed berocca and other supplements whilst on pre-op milk and yogurt diet???

VIXXX

hi all hope you are all well. i started my pre-op diet today as i go in for my bypass on 2nd feb and i was just wondering if i could still have my cod liver oil tablets, berooca efferessent tablets and bassetts soft and chewy energise vitamins that i normally take, does anyone know??? please help as i am in need of some energy, thank you in advance xx

Im sorry hun i dont know but im sure someone on here will have the answer for you. chin up honey it will be all worth it in the end. x

hi, i was advised to take something like sanatogen a-z

It might be an idea to ring your dietician to ask? I wouldn't be taking the cod-liver oil as its fat and might mess up the diet? I would have thought vitamins would be fine though.
I have no idea what Berrocca is so I can't comment on that.
Grace xxx

Am no expert but would suggest calling ur team and asking there advice hun, as there maybe something in wot u r taking that would not shrink ur liver as well . Julie xx

grace, beroca are basically an orange flavoured multi vitamin tablet that dissolves in water to make a nice orange drink, i used to take them a few years ago, and for some reason they give you an energy boost as well.

just to let u all know i phoned my team up and they said that i could keep taking my cod liver oil tablets but not the berocca as the secretary said that it just depends on the sugar quantity in the effervessent tablets, as the whole point of me being on the milk and yogurt diet is to not to have a lot of sugar to help shrink the liver.

Thanks for letting us know. It's always interesting to find out something new.

Back